Old Girlfriend

Started by Yeti, August 01, 2005, 09:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

We are sorting through some old stuff getting ready to start moving to our new place.  I've been hauling around a few boxes with stuff in them from before I met my wife.  She says "Do you want me to go through them?"  I said "Yeah, if you get the chance".

Well,

She finds a picture of an old girlfriend.  On the back of the picture is a pretty steamy paragraph.  The wife repacks the picture.  Later she says.....

"I found a picture of Kim in that box."

I says "Who?" 

She says "Don't play dumb."

I says "I'm not playing."

(She laughs)

She says "She was cute."

I says "Is this when you tell me you like girls?"

She says "You wish."

Conversation over.

Heres where I need some advice.
Should I go into a box that I never go in and throw the picture away or should I leave it packed away like she left it.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

PhillyGirl

ick, I chucked any pics of ex-boyfriends. Not because I didn't want them to be found by someone else, but because I didn't want to look at them. LOL....like I need a reminder of how friggin dumb I was back then?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Just leave it. Throwing it away is an admission that you feel awkward about it, which in convoluted female thinking will convince her that she should also feel awkward about it.

Plus if its around, even if its out of sight, she will have motivation to keep you happy and not thinking about your ex and her steamy 'paragraph.'
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

Keep it for when you're an old man in a retirement home and you want to make the other old men cry.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Yeti

Quote from: rjs246 on August 01, 2005, 09:40:03 AM
Just leave it. Throwing it away is an admission that you feel awkward about it, which in convoluted female thinking will convince her that she should also feel awkward about it.

Plus if its around, even if its out of sight, she will have motivation to keep you happy and not thinking about your ex and her steamy 'paragraph.'

I think like you.  Which one of us should be more frightened?

Hbionic

rjs246

Obviously you should be more firghtened. Most of the people I know who think like me are raging narcissistic alcoholics who exhibit little or no abilty to behave responsibly.

Of course that's why I befriended them, but I'm not sure it's a life I would recommend for others.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Yeti

Quote from: rjs246 on August 01, 2005, 09:46:23 AM

Most of the people I know who think like me are raging narcissistic alcoholics who exhibit little or no abilty to behave responsibly.

Add one more to that list.

Hbionic

Philly_Crew

Leave a slip of paper with Kim on it and a phone number on the table.  If the wife asks what it is, tell her that she got you so interested in remembering Kim that you decided to look her up and catch up on old times.  It will be the last time she brings up past relationships >:D

QB Eagles

Quote from: Philly_Crew on August 01, 2005, 09:59:57 AM
Leave a slip of paper with Kim on it and a phone number on the table. If the wife asks what it is, tell her that she got you so interested in remembering Kim that you decided to look her up and catch up on old times. It will be the last time she brings up past relationships >:D

Or, he could just cut his penis off directly.

MadMarchHare

Yeah, she probably wouldn't think to use a tourniquet.  Good idea.
Anyone but Reid.

QB Eagles

ParkingLotFlagDude

Quote from: rjs246 on August 01, 2005, 09:46:23 AM
Obviously you should be more firghtened. Most of the people I know who think like me are raging narcissistic alcoholics who exhibit little or no abilty to behave responsibly.

Of course that's why I befriended them, but I'm not sure it's a life I would recommend for others.

It's ashame you live so far away, we would get along great.
Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Yeti on August 01, 2005, 09:37:42 AM
She finds a picture of an old girlfriend.  On the back of the picture is a pretty steamy paragraph. 

Should I go into a box that I never go in and throw the picture away or should I leave it packed away like she left it.

I think the most important question here is why that steamy paragraph (and pic) hasn't made its way onto this site yet?   :paranoid 
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

phattymatty

I'd say leave it in the box and keep pretending you've had a girlfriend.

Yeti

Quote from: phattymatty on August 02, 2005, 02:33:54 PM
I'd say leave it in the box and keep pretending you've had a girlfriend.

That doesn't make any sense.

Hbionic