Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Rome on September 15, 2017, 07:59:11 PM
If Williams produced at the level he has for an entire season, he'd be a legit ROY candidate.  That's what an extrapolation illustrates.  And 257 at-bats isn't a small sample size. 

But if it makes you feel better to hate another young Philly athlete, have at it.

See: Franco, Maikel

I'm all for rooting for Nick, but he's going to need to improve his plate discipline to be an effective starter the next few years. 

Rome

I understand that and I agree.  I'm not saying he's the next Barry Bonds.  I'm just saying his production thus far warrants a bit more optimism than the "oh my god he suckzz" brothers are willing to allow. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

So he strikes out a lot in a small sample size, so that means he won't improve, but he rakes the ball all over the yard in the same sample size, but that means he won't continue hitting the ball?

I see. 

MDS

Quote from: Rome on September 16, 2017, 02:58:57 PM
So he strikes out a lot in a small sample size

no

this is exactly what he did in the minors. against inferior pitching. with little to no scouting, video work and high level gameplans. oh and dudes not always throwing 95+.

he needs to strike out less and walk more or he wont make it as a legit ML player. hes got enough talent to hang around in some capacity, but it wont be an everyday starter.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I hope he continues smashing the ball and blossoms into a nice major league starting outfielder.

MDS

that would be great, but based on career numbers and current peripherals it doesnt appear likely
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Williams has ability, but needs to learn plate discipline or MLB pitchers will find the holes in his swing.  Similar to Franco in some ways.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him struggle early next year. 

Hopefully he can develop in those areas - if he can, he can become a good long-term MLB hitter.

Don Ho

How the heck does Neris get away with all that gunk on his cap?  I know it's rosin but that is nasty.

And of course he gives up the bomb to Granderson.  Just beat these pricks please.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Has the bomb Altherr hit off Kershaw fell back to Earth yet?

MDS

hoskins had an unreal walk to set up altherr's bomb. man when machado gets here this lineup could be GOOD

Rome

He's just special.  What an AB last night.  Again. 

ice grillin you

Phillies might not even end up with the second worst record
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

So they might not end up with the next Mickey Moniak?!?

The horror!

Rome

That was a fun game to watch.  What a great catch by Herrera to end that shtein.  farg Los Doyers.