Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 02, 2017, 05:12:00 PM
The stadium is great but everything else about the team is smalltime.

Not sure if talking about pirates or phillies.

ice grillin you

isnt nicasio 32....why is this even a thing...people are acting like the pirates gave up some 24 year old phenom
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

Quote from: Sgt PSN on September 04, 2017, 10:57:15 AM
Not sure if talking about pirates or phillies.

CBP is good, not great.

The Phillies are definitely a big league team, just one that's among the worst at developing good players. They do a lot of the non-baseball stuff really well: the uniforms, the mascot, the radio broadcast.

The Pirates are still in the mindset of thinking that a successful season means they now have guys to sell to richer teams. The owner owns Appalachia ski resorts and small town newspapers, he's not exactly Jeff Bezos. Used to be a baseball town before the 70s, now the Buccos are a distant #3 team. Some of the fans were thinking rebirth when they finally made the playoffs after 20 years, but their eyes have since been opened to what their team and their owner are. And a lot of them have stopped going to games now, making the PNC experience that much better for the visiting fan.

ice grillin you

bank is easily better than pnc....not the view of course but the stadium itself is much better

MDS

jp coming up
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

cesar
freddy
odubs
rhys
nick wil
kim
JP
alfaro
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

What's the scoop on the infielder they got from STL for Nicasio

MDS

hes going to the 40 so im thinking they have him pegged for reserve middle infielder within a few years

ice grillin you

phils are over 20 wins away from their vegas preseason win total

MDS

shut up they are tied with the giants in the loss column...this shtein is for real now

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 07, 2017, 10:32:01 PM
shut up they are tied with the giants in the loss column...this shtein is for real now

mickey moniak

MDS

ice grillin you

carlos tocci with a walk off base hit to stoke the pigs to a 1-0 series lead

PhillyPhreak54

Hoskins tied with Ted Williams for most HRs by a call up after August 1st

PhillyPhreak54

What a wild game

JP at short
Freddy sits for the first time
Nick homers
Hoskins homers
ODub plays his worst game as a pro - and that's saying something
Maikel homers to make it 11-10
Alfaro strikes out and pulls a Bo and snaps his bat like a twig

Too bad they couldn't complete the comeback.