Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 27, 2017, 01:12:48 PM
He was out by 20 feet.  That tag attempt was the most ridiculous fail ever.

it was a product of the new major league no collision rule...i guarantee he assumed that jp wasnt allowed to slide because he was there with the ball so he thought he had to just come to him and get tagged
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I guess next time the catcher will charge toward to runner rather than be humiliated like that. 

It was still hilarious, though. 

ice grillin you

jp's slide made the showdown on around the horn

MDS

gelb story on the outfield
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/nick-williams-odubel-herrera-aaron-altherr-phillies-will-have-outfield-intrigue-in-seasons-final-two-months-matt-gelb.html

with this note on alfaro
Quote1. Jorge Alfaro: He's hitting .211 with a .272 on-base percentage and .297 slugging percentage since May 1 and struck out in a third of his plate appearances. A step back, and a concerning one

lookin good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Darren Daulton's had a recurrence of brain cancer.

Geowhizzer

QuoteROSTER MOVE: #Phillies have traded Howie Kendrick and cash to Washington in exchange for LHP McKenzie Mills & international amateur signing bonus pool space.

Mills for Hagerstown (SAL):  12-2, 3.01 ERA, 0.95 WHIP, 118 K in 104.2 IP.  21 years old.

MDS

hellickson to bmore

money, some minor league named cleavinger and word is a major leaguer. MACHADO!

garrett cleavinger. numbers are shtein in AA but he he has a great k% and was very good last year in high a. loogy. whatever.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 28, 2017, 11:45:05 PM
hellickson to bmore

money, some minor league named cleavinger and word is a major leaguer. MACHADO!

garrett cleavinger. numbers are shtein in AA but he he has a great k% and was very good last year in high a. loogy. whatever.

Garret Cleavinger for Bowie (Eastern):  2-4, 6.28 ERA, 1.58 WHIP, 42K in 38.2 IP.   23 years old.

MDS

its hyn soo kim, who sucks. hes making 4.2 mil this year, gotta be a salary thing.

Geowhizzer

They got international signing money in both trades tonight.  Anyone in mind?

MDS

MDS

im guessing kim doesnt play a game here. he has to get hellickson's spot on the 40 as a procedural move, but a pitcher (lively? eflin?) will take helly's spot on the 25. so kim will linger on the 40, get DFAed and thatll be that.

he will join the ranks with danny granger and frank gore as legendary philadelphia athletes to never actually play in philadelphia

ice grillin you

VV pitching today instead of throwing

MDS

another bomb for jp tonight...ops up to 717

gonna have a tough call with him and freddy. freddy's offense is league average but his defense is superb. this is a good major league ss. what to do.

Don Ho

Freddy's play at SS was beautiful today (yesterday).  If you haven't seen it yet watch the highlights from today's game.  Some of the best defensive plays from a Phillie in a very long time.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.