Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

so bunting

4 hits in a row against barnes...then they BUNT with one of their best hitters....perkins fargs up the sign and runs on the pitch. bunt is popped up. double play.

BUNTING. IS. DUMB.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

That was awful!  I mean we all know this tem is really bad but that was just pathetic.  Like you said, no one out, and you are slapping this dude silly and you bunt right into a double play!

And then there's Neris.  Good farging God!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

MDS

nick williams with another oppo bop today...i hope you all like winning because now the phils and giants have the same number of losses
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

neanderthal fans shouting to trade or demote odubel is why nobody should ever call this fan base "intelligent."

Rome

you're right.  they should just let him keep farging up with no repercussions. 

QB Eagles

There might be ways to discipline the best player on the team that don't involve kicking him off the team.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 26, 2017, 11:53:56 AM
you're right.  they should just let him keep farging up with no repercussions. 

they should put him in timeout or take away his tv time? what is he a farging teenager who came home after curfew.

odubel is who he is. a very talented player prone to brain farts. sometimes its a baseball iq thing, sometimes its a hustle thing. his production makes up for it, right now.

Rome

Oy. 

If you have an employee who is generally productive and sometimes above average but constantly fargs up and refuses to change, you have two choices:  Remediation or elimination. 

They've done the first part.  Repeatedly.  Now what's left?   He's clearly not getting the message, so sterner measures are called for. 

That's how the real world works, kid. 

ice grillin you

shane victorino did incredibly dumb shtein for years.....the difference was they were winning then...then again a lot of the phillie fanbase used to want jimmy rollins gone...so perhaps people are just stupid
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on July 26, 2017, 12:35:31 PM
Oy. 

If you have an employee who is generally productive and sometimes above average but constantly fargs up and refuses to change, you have two choices:  Remediation or elimination. 

They've done the first part.  Repeatedly.  Now what's left?   He's clearly not getting the message, so sterner measures are called for. 

That's how the real world works, kid.

nah the real world it works if youre good at what you do theyll put up with dumb shtein. odubel is good at what he does. you put up with some dumb shtein.

there will come a time when the negatives wont make up for the positives, or youll have some better options, but that time is not now.

smeags

finally, different argument on this board.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

He actually still has value because some dumb ass team will take him thinking he'll get with the program.  He won't because he's a farging cranial lump and the Phillies will continue to let him get away with this bullshtein.  That's why they have 2 wins in seven generations.

QB Eagles

I really don't think that Herrera types not running out dropped third strikes is the reason why the Phillies don't win often.