Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Supposedly the Phils are looking into trades for Joseph to get Hoskins into the majors.  Not that they'll get anything.

MDS

hes actually got some value

4 years of team control...1.5 years away from arbitration....30 homer power. the team that he makes sense for is the angels (giant hole at 1B) or royals (hosmer insurance). anaheim has a horrendous farm system though. maybe straight up for trout?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on July 08, 2017, 01:25:12 PM
hes actually got some value

4 years of team control...1.5 years away from arbitration....30 homer power. the team that he makes sense for is the angels (giant hole at 1B) or royals (hosmer insurance). anaheim has a horrendous farm system though. maybe straight up for trout?

Ha.  Be nice to get something of use of him.  We'll see, I guess...

MDS

one suggestion i saw is he is added with kendrick, nava or neshak to sweeten a deal. really what the phils are looking for back is low A talent...so what the farg
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Yankees need a 1B in a bad way

MDS

joseph is a ML player with great power who is under team control for 4 more years. he has value. a lot? no. hes very mediocre and can only play 1 position. but hes an upgrade for several teams at 1B and would make sense in an AL team where he can hit at the bottom of the order and hit some dingers. and also make a lot of outs. but dingers!

ice grillin you

he might catch you a ben lively if you're lucky

MDS

jp is 0/5 with 3 walks over his past 2 games

i have no clue if his patience will translate but its pretty amazing that someone who sucks at hitting can walk this often

Rome

So a team that was 29th in MLB in HR's hit six yesterday. 

Hard to believe, Harry. 

PS: Mackanin is spending the next three days in Stone Harbor.  I'm not saying I'm rooting for a rogue wave to sweep him out to sea, but I'm not NOT saying it either. 

QB Eagles

It seems like there's no way they are going to get any better, but when you consider all the 1-run losses and extra-inning losses, statistically they are likely to have a better second half than that abortion of a first. Of course they should still be the worst team in baseball by a wide margin.

ice grillin you

thing is its not like their run differential belies their record

worst record in baseball 2nd worst run differential

heartening to see nola look so good lately (not to mention pivetta)...eickhoffs velocity was up post inury start...hopefully he regains form in the second half

if nothing else comes out of the last few years hopefully they can solidify two of 3-5 in their future rotation and then try and sign or deal for an ace

MDS

theres no scenario for them to outright sign top of the line pitching talent until 2020/2021. theres a few potential trades they could make, but the player would likely be 30 or older by the time the phillies are ready to win.

my projection for them is to spend and spend wildly on bats and the bullpen. sign britton. sign machado. sign another outfielder. your rotation will be aaron nola and 4 eickhoff's. great lineup, great bullpen, sufficient starting pitching. then hope by 2021 sixto is up and youre set.

ice grillin you

multiple frontline starters will move teams in the next four years...whether they get any of them is another story

MDS

yea. i mean archer, cole, cobb, teheran, gray to name a few will move but a) will they get any and b) will they make a difference.

theres a very real scenario of the phillies not being competitive until 2020/21, in which case theyd be looking to sign de grom or syndergaard.