Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MDS

i know they have all the money in the world but stanton's contract is utterly insane...hes supposed to get $25 mil in his age 39 season which is 12 years away.

at that time 25 mil will not be bad for a good outfielder, but we've been down this road with aging power hitters. his dWAR is in the negatives, i cant imagine it would be any better in his late 30s. without some significant help from the marlins im not touching that contract, unless its a total and complete salary dump from new ownership.

but even then you have to commit to throwing $100 million away because hes not going to be productive or even on the field in the last 4 years of his deal.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Went today with my daughter. Most humid sporting event I've ever attended. We left in the 6th

ice grillin you

couldnt have helped that it took them four hrs to play nine innings
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD on June 18, 2017, 05:50:38 PM
Went today with my daughter. Most humid sporting event I've ever attended. We left in the 6th

Last year when I took my sister down for the Utley return game it was brutal. And this is coming from someone who lives in a swamp

Still Air and humid as farg

MDS

its been as uncomfortable outside the last 2 days as i can remember

with that said, on thursday night when i went it was amazingly flawless...also somehow the phillies won a game

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it can get nasty. I actually had to take my contacts out during the game because I had sweat so much throughout the day my lenses were filmed over.

Anyways can we get Alfaro up here at least please? Can't take much more of Rupp

ice grillin you

lol alfaro has 67 k's and 7 bb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

so let him figure it out at the big league level. 2 months of triple a with terrible peripherals and questionable game calling skills is more than enough.

PhillyPhreak54

Yep.

He can't be worse than Rupp.

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 14, 2017, 10:07:42 PM
Rupp is garbage

PHL 17 recently interviewed Alfaro and asked him what fans should expect if he comes up to replace Rupp.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 19, 2017, 04:34:14 PM
Yep.

He can't be worse than Rupp.

i cant believe i keep going in circles with you on this but you do realize wins at the ML level mean absolutely nothing

alfaro is out of options after this year. he needs development time on his defense and specifically on his pitch selection. there is no front office on earth that would call him up.

if you want to complain about something, complain about kingery still being at AA or hoskins being blocked by sloppy sloseph.

PhillyPhreak54

Kingery and Hoskins fit into my yelling about bringing up the young bucks.

Pitch selection can be learned in the big leagues. No young catcher comes up ready to lead a staff like that.

Then again he'd be learning from McClure so maybe he's better off staying in AAA until that useless boob McClure is fired.

MDS

j: ramble ramble ramble
everyone: no
j: RAMBLE RAMBLE RAMBLE
everyone: