Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

lol not even close....im not on phillies fan twitter or anything. i mean im on twitter, but only follow writers. no fans.

it is an interesting topic and coincidentally ryan lawrence broached it today: http://www.phillyvoice.com/why-do-philly-sports-fans-trust-sixers-process-have-little-faith-phillies-rebuild-do-not-publish/

the answer, specifically here, is simple: j is at best a casual sixers fan and a phillies lunatic. rome loves the phils and wants to see the nba burn. havas likes the phils but LOVES LOVES LOVES the sixers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

I honestly don't care about the NBA.  I watch games occasionally but I've always been a CBB fan.  I grew up in the 70's, guys.  I did watch McGinnis, et al but I went to the Palestra to watch b-ball, not the Spectrum.

As for the Phillies, the manager doesn't mean shtein.  If he did the Terry Francona would still be there.  I'm just saying that the old axiom of you can't fire the team still holds.  He's awful and I want him nowhere the kids that will be coming up soon much less the dreck they have there already.   The Phillies should go first class in every way now just in case they get to a point where free agents might consider going there. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on May 30, 2017, 02:45:02 PM
lol not even close....im not on phillies fan twitter or anything. i mean im on twitter, but only follow writers. no fans.

it is an interesting topic and coincidentally ryan lawrence broached it today: http://www.phillyvoice.com/why-do-philly-sports-fans-trust-sixers-process-have-little-faith-phillies-rebuild-do-not-publish/

the answer, specifically here, is simple: j is at best a casual sixers fan and a phillies lunatic. rome loves the phils and wants to see the nba burn. havas likes the phils but LOVES LOVES LOVES the sixers.

i like the nba more than mlb but not by a ton and i like the sixers and phillies equally but none of those things determines how i would currently judge each rebuild...the larger and more important point as i said a couple of times is its just stupid to compare the two sports in terms of a rebuild...if over a 10 15 or 20 year period you wanna compare a mlb and nba team thats fair in a big picture way...but to focus in on a 3-5 year rebuild and compare teams from the two sports is just dumb...it couldnt be different

there is nothing remotely interesting about that article...either lawrence is a bitter jealous seamhead or he is completely clueless about the sport he covers much less the nba
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Vinnie is hurt

Leiter is getting smashed

This is embarrassing

PhillyPhreak54

Cameron Rupp is garbage

Pure hot steaming landfill ready TRASH

PhillyPhreak54

MDS

haha j is hysterical

with vv hurt they have to call up pivetta and lively. their rotation is beyond an abomination and theres no help or hope in reading, even. they are going to be the worst team in baseball this year...the question is will they lose 100 (probably) and will they challenge the 62 mets (maybe).
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on May 30, 2017, 03:03:34 PM
I honestly don't care about the NBA.  I watch games occasionally but I've always been a CBB fan.  I grew up in the 70's, guys.  I did watch McGinnis, et al but I went to the Palestra to watch b-ball, not the Spectrum.

You had me at McGinnis.  I love that man.  He was my favorite Sixer as a kid.

I honestly thought it would be cool watching Franco, ODH, some of these pitchers, grow and improve still knowing the team will be awful the next 2-3 years but we are now at next level awful.  Todd's breakdown on the draft picks since 2003, well if that didn't make you puke a little in your mouth than you need to have your head examined.  I'll watch (won't cancel any plans to but I'll watch when I can), I'll laugh, I'll critique and I'll get angry.  Hey, it's the Phillies.  I'm used to these 10+ year gaps between being postseason contenders.

Let's reconvene in April 2020.

Right now I'm all in on Sixers.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Phillies need boost in All-Star Game voting
By Glenn Sattell -
May 30, 2017
The Phillies have some legitimate candidates who deserve the few minutes it takes to fill out an Esurance MLB All-Star Game Ballot, and they could use some help.

Are you farging kidding me?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah really - whoever Glenn is actually wrote that with a straight face

They'd have to go 54-58 to match last year

Another black hole summer of Philadelphia baseball.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on May 30, 2017, 10:42:11 PM
Phillies need boost in All-Star Game voting
By Glenn Sattell -
May 30, 2017
The Phillies have some legitimate candidates who deserve the few minutes it takes to fill out an Esurance MLB All-Star Game Ballot, and they could use some help.

Are you farging kidding me?

A year of rebuilding has changed so much.

QuotePhillies need boost in All-Star voting
By Todd Zolecki
June 8th, 2016
It looks like Phillies players will need a significant voting boost to make the National League All-Star team.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 30, 2017, 11:07:23 PMAnother black hole summer of Philadelphia baseball.

is today the day you realized this was going to happen

youre like trump just discovering the civil war

phattymatty

the whole baseball season could be canceled and I wouldn't care.

but this week long break between series in the nba playoffs is ridiculous. so dumb.

MDS

your phils are gonna have their worst may since 1928

at least that team had chuck klein

QB Eagles

But hey this team has future HOFer Maikel Franco.

It feels like they've given up 7 runs every time I've tuned in this month.