Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Mack is really terrible but they are a last place team with anyone managing it. I don't see any point in getting rid of him until there's players on this team that a manager can actually do something with. And I don't know how desperate someone would have to be to want to manage this hopeless slop. It's not like they'd be replacing him with anyone good, which is the same problem they have with getting rid of anyone on this team.

When your franchise doesn't draft any good players for 15 years, you aren't going to win very much.

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 30, 2017, 09:44:53 AMWhen your franchise doesn't draft any good players for 15 years, you aren't going to win very much.

fire mackanin! call up the kids!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

No.  Not for the farg of it.  There's a reason to fire him.  It's called accountability.  I would fire Mackanin and either bench or ship out every underachieving piece of shtein on the roster.  Most of them won't be there in 2019/2020 anyway, but if they are they have to know there are consequences for not producing. 

Mackanin is a bungling organizational stooge.  OUT. 

PhillyPhreak54

His challenge last night was a joke

Anyone with even one eye could see the ball Joseph hit was foul. Dumbshtein challenged and lost. Even if he wins the challenge what does it achieve? Only one run scores. Altherr has to stay at second and Joseph gets first bc the play was ruled dead.

Next play Altherr stupidly steals and was safe. But because Pete Andy Reid Mack blew that challenge he cannot have them review the fact Altherr was safe. That meant two outs. Inning fizzled.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 29, 2017, 11:05:43 PM
I'd get rid of Saunders and Kendrick.

lol...this isnt fantasy baseball
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 30, 2017, 10:28:25 AM
ship out every underachieving piece of shtein on the roster.

they would have like 4 players left

neither one of you cares about the sixers but theyve been a worthless joke for 6 years. when they lost 20 in a row its "trust the process" if there is a fake care or a response. but an equally bad phillies team going nowhere loses a bunch of games and its FIRE EVERYONE.

the sixers are certainly in better position than the phillies to compete, but theyre both bad teams. bad teams lose games and look like shtein doing so! its called being bad!
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

your sixer hatred is one of the more unhealthy things ive ever seen

there is literally no comparison between rebuilding in baseball and rebuilding in basketball....i dont even know why youd bring it up....also you are talking to one person who isnt even a fan of the sixers and another who doesnt care about them until they are good and is obsessed with the phillies....that would be like me saying to you you didnt say shtein about the flyers when they sucked

MDS

i dont hate the sixers...what im saying is both teams are putting out a terrible product and losing a lot.

the sixers, at least now, have some semblance of hope and promise. the phillies have a few complimentary pieces and eons of salary space they might or might not be able to use on elite players in 2 years.

but the point is what occurred on the floor for the sixers the past few years and what has occurred on the field for the phillies since 2012 means nothing. but you know what? RELEASE MICHAEL SAUNDERS   

ice grillin you

but you are trying to make a silly analogy btwn the two teams and then trying to say to two people who dont care all that much about the sixers that they have a double standard when it comes to the sixers

SD

Here's where we are

Sixers

Eagles

Flyers

Phillies

QB Eagles

Seems accurate. Pretty sad since the Sixers just had the 4th worst record in the NBA.

The Phillies really have nothing. They are like an expansion team coming into the league with no expansion draft. They have money and no suffocating contracts. That's the closest thing to a "piece" this team has. It's really just the ability to add pieces, presuming the team can properly identify them and convince them to come (and I have doubts on both of those scores).

MDS

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 30, 2017, 12:10:12 PM
Seems accurate. Pretty sad since the Sixers just had the 4th worst record in the NBA.

The Phillies really have nothing. They are like an expansion team coming into the league with no expansion draft. They have money and no suffocating contracts. That's the closest thing to a "piece" this team has. It's really just the ability to add pieces, presuming the team can properly identify them and convince them to come (and I have doubts on both of those scores).

identifying harper and machado doesnt take a whole lot of talent...convincing them to come is a different story.

i know they are buddies so maybe you offer each of them $400 mil and try to do an nba thing where the superstars play together? i dont see a path to contention unless their AAA players are A LOT better than all logic indicates...so its not like the ~$60 million a year theyd be spending on 2 players would need to be spent on anyone internally.

c: alfaro
1b: ?
2b: kingery/cesar
3b: machado
ss: jp
of: altherr, herrera, harper

youre like at well under $100 mil per year on that lineup. spending the rest of your $180ish salary space on pitching is feasible. this is not an ideal way to build a team but im trying to keep my sanity here that we're not looking at another 5 years of rebuilding.

QB Eagles

They're not coming, man.

It's not rebuilding when you aren't getting better. It's just being a bad team.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 30, 2017, 10:51:04 AM
but you are trying to make a silly analogy btwn the two teams and then trying to say to two people who dont care all that much about the sixers that they have a double standard when it comes to the sixers

He's getting it off twitter - a lot of people are trying to make this comparison.

TWITTER SPORTS FAN TODD

ice grillin you

thats not shockng and i bet its seamhead phillie fans who hate the nba