Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

all the Phillies announcers do

even kruk is garbage now and I used to like him

doesn't really matter tho as long as McCarthy is there it's going to be unlistenable
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I like Kruk

I have been mainly listening to the radio. Missed the day games and had to watch the rangers on their station bc I get it here

Wtf ODub and Altherr

Both dumb plays

MDS

Quote from: Rome on May 19, 2017, 02:20:51 PM
If J punches you in the face at some point, I hope someone catches it on video.

j loves me and loves the attention  more than you love getting obliterated for a saturday nascar race
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

braves lost Freddie freeman now helly died

race for first overall is gettin real

PhillyPhreak54

Odds the bullpen blows it?

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 19, 2017, 09:22:20 PM
Odds the bullpen blows it?

percent chance anyone cares but you?

zero

MDS

j honest question

why is it ok for the sixers to suck and rebuild but not ok for the phillies to suck and rebuild?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I'm fine with the Phillies rebuilding.

But the fact you're asking this shows you don't get it. There's no cap in baseball. NBA is super restrictive and the only way you get good is by having top picks and cap space spent smartly. It takes you forever to get out from awful deals.

Baseball has ways to build and develop the minors without tanking. Money. Sure too picks help assuming you hit on them but you can also hit on that 17th rounder or some Dominican free agent. They'll get years to develop.

And I get pissed at zesty play. Stupid lack of fundamentals. And I hate losing. You used to rip me for wanting the Sixers to win too btw.

As an aside this pbp clown has literally the worst hr call ever

ice grillin you

I don't get why you want them to play good

you should want the number one pick..their upper system has been a complete disaster...they need to start over and hopefully some of the little kids will develop...add the best players possible to that

MDS

you went in like 8 different directions with that

so youre mad the phillies havent hit on some fluky 10th round pick 5 years ago or a random stud dominican? therefore nick pivetta and jeremy hellickson need to pitch well?

the sixers played like complete and utter garbage the past 5 years outside of the embiid january run but i never saw you losing your mind about ish smith missing a jumper or furkan aldamer getting lost on transition defense.

PhillyPhreak54

Basketball is a different situation like I said. You have to have the top lotto picks. I still didn't like losing though.

Baseball is my game. I love all sports but baseball is my number one. I hate having my summer ruined by zesty baseball.

ice grillin you

get very used to it

also I knew that and was just about to say it...you don't care if the sixers suck but would be happy if they are good...where as Phillies are your love

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 19, 2017, 10:02:25 PMalso I knew that and was just about to say it...you don't care if the sixers suck but would be happy if they are good...where as Phillies are your love

yea i mean this is it...and its fine theres no rule saying you have to love all 4 and love them equally.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 19, 2017, 10:00:21 PM
Basketball is a different situation like I said. You have to have the top lotto picks.

i mean the warriors didnt draft curry or klay in the top 3. kawahi wasnt a top 10 pick. isaiah thomas was the last pick of the draft. so not exactly. but that doesnt mean tanking was wrong, as big of a scam as it was.

but turning a baseball team around is like turning a cargo ship around...it takes TIME. the phillies destroyed their farm system from 08-11 to win titles. they waited 2 years too long to tear it down. in 2014 when they finally blew it up, they had zilch in their system. their system is better now but devoid of elite talent.

they do have money to spend but no players to spend it on...until 2019! its 2017 now. trust the process.

PhillyPhreak54

I do care if the Sixers suck.

But yes baseball and the Phillies are my jawn. I love the game.

I love football and liked playing it
I love baseball and loved playing it

Sgt PSN

Can someone teach me how to fan?  I don't think I'm doing it right.