Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i love me some chooch but its terrible of the fans to chooooooch him and cheer when he hits a bases loaded double in the 7th inning of a one run gang....just embarrassing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

theres 1000 people in pro baseball who can throw 95 and get people out and the phillies have 0 of them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Aaron Altherr good

Glad I forgot my iPad today and saved myself the trouble of watching.

zesty ass team

Rome

They re-upped Pete The Bungler for two more years (actually it's just thru next year with an option for 2019). 

Seriously. 

MDS

theyre going to be terrible again in 2018 so it doesnt really matter who the manager is...might as well make mack sit through 162 games of crap again.

if hes the manager in 2020 then we got a problem
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Kicking it down the road is exactly what loser franchises do.  You think the Yankees would re-up that clown?

Please...

MDS

you do realize theres no possible way theyre good in 2018.

im sure if joe maddon or tito francona become available they wouldnt hesitate to jump but all theyre doing is punting here.

ice grillin you

Rome

I don't know why I even bother. 

MDS

c - alfaro
1b - x
2b - cesar
ss - x
3b - machado
of - altherr, herrera, x
sp - x, x, x, x, x
rp - x, x, x, x, x, x, x
bench - rupp, x, x, x, x

long way to go.

phillycrew

Quote from: MDS on May 11, 2017, 04:54:58 PM
c - alfaro
1b - Hoskins
2b - cesar
ss - Galvis
3b - Franco
of - altherr, herrera, Williams
sp - Nola, Eflin, Pivetta, x (Harvey), Lively
rp - VV, Diekman, x, x, x, x, x
bench - Rupp, Quinn, Crawford, Stassi, Valentin

long way to go.

I'll bite.  I would throw the money at pitching, if the right FA are available.

ice grillin you

if that is their roster in 2019 one of two things will be true

1. they will either be going for the #1 overall pick again
2. the development of their system will be the best in major league history

MDS

they arent filling out 24/25 roster spots with internal options...that doesnt happen.

IF you assume alfaro, herrera and hernandez are going to be mainstays, you don't need that much more in your lineup to come from your system. out of the 8 position players, if 5 are "internal" and 3 are free agents/trades, you're doing it right.

finding those extra 1-2 players, maybe 1 with a platoon, i dont know. oh yea and pitching. thats inching toward disaster.

also diekman is in texas. jake diekman!

ice grillin you

i would not have herrera penciled in anywhere....to me he's 50/50 at best as a full time major leaguer....i literally could see him as a borderline all star in three years or out of the majors....hes teetering on disaster...i would have already traded him to get max value

MDS

im only doing that because of the contract...its not a big enough deal that they cant just eat but theres a reason they gave it to him

but i mean nothing with them is a lock. cesar was 1 step away from being out of the majors this time last year and altherr was so middling they grabbed kendrick and saunders in the offseason. dom brown also had a good month. alfaro, of course, hasnt made it up yet.

the only lock is machado and im only saying that for my own sanity