Phillies 2017 Thread

Started by MDS, April 02, 2017, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

at least juicers were playing against the best competition in the world....ted williams played six years before jackie robinson even came in the league and was retired before the league was fully integrated....not to mention about ten years before the latino boom...it wasnt even real baseball in the 40's...he can be the best player of that era....deal?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: MDS on April 14, 2017, 02:39:11 PM
you dont care about football players being hopped up on horse tranquilizer but baseball players shoveling drugs down their throat tarnishes the legacy of men who played a segregated game?

and ted williams was a world class icehole who was probably on whatever advantage he could get his hands on

Since when have I been an advocate for football players using roids? No idea what point you're trying to make.

Yes I'm sure Williams was using roids, growth hormone, creatine, Adderall, meth, blow and whatever else he could get his hands on in the 40's and 50's. I hear they were readily available at every corner pharmacy.

MDS

youre not an advocate but you dont care....drug use in the nfl is rampant and nobody bats an eye. just make sure youre good to go on sunday, right? hey i dont care either.

but i dont fall on my sword for ruth, williams, gehrig, etc. when they put computer numbers in what is essentially a different sport

the real best hitter ever is probably tony gwynn
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: MDS on April 14, 2017, 02:47:53 PM
youre not an advocate but you dont care....drug use in the nfl is rampant and nobody bats an eye. just make sure youre good to go on sunday, right? hey i dont care either.

but i dont fall on my sword for ruth, williams, gehrig, etc. when they put computer numbers in what is essentially a different sport

the real best hitter ever is probably tony gwynn

I 'batted an eye' when the stupid hillbilly popped for the second time. I still have zero idea what point you're trying to make with that statement.

And lol at Tony Gwynn being the best hitter ever. I'm sure you'll pull some sabremetric verbage out of your ass to back up your claim, but it'll fall on deaf ears so don't bother.

MDS

nah hes got the highest career BA in mlb history for post integration

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/batting_avg_career.shtml

but congrats for sounding like a trumper
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

id need to think about it but gwynn has to be in the discussion.....he was farging phenomenal

MDS

if youre talking about pure hitting...like go up there and get me a hit...its gwynn. but he was largely a singles hitter and was of course fat and couldnt steal bases.

that actually makes it more impressive. how many bleeders and squibbers did he get thrown out on that go as infield hits for everyone else?

SD

Quote from: MDS on April 14, 2017, 03:20:17 PM
nah hes got the highest career BA in mlb history for post integration

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leaders/batting_avg_career.shtml

but congrats for sounding like a trumper

Didn't we (meaning I think me, definitely rome, and you) have an argument about how useless batting average is? Just for the record I don't think it's a useless stat but it's hardly the best measurement to judge a hitter on.

ice grillin you

hits are kinda important when talking about the best hitters

ice grillin you

ive really come to despise odubel herrera.....like really hate

MDS

aaron nola painting on the black right at the knees against bryce. also hitting 95.

hello

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 14, 2017, 04:27:20 PM
aaron nola painting on the black right at the knees against bryce. also hitting 95.

hello

hi

MDS

werth's little cheapy helped there...but nola's shtein is lit today

hes getting an extra inch or two but this is nice

ice grillin you