Question for Philly fans

Started by Numba1Raider, July 01, 2005, 03:49:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numba1Raider

Well, I got tickets for week 3 & I'm a Raider fan. Now I know Eagles & Raiders fans are the nastiest fans in the NFL.

I just need  to know, if  I'll be safe with my Raider jersey on? In Oakland we warn oppossing fans about the hostile invironment. I just need to know if all the bad things I hear about y'all are true?

General_Failure

It's not that bad. You'll hear the a-hole chant for sure, maybe stabbed in the face if you don't handle the chant well. That's about it, really.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyGirl

We all hung out with "Spike" a couple of years ago. Cool guy.

Eagles fans don't even come CLOSE to Raiders fans in the "nasty" category. Not even close.

As the others' have said, you'll hear an entire parking lot chanting "A-hole" at you. Laugh it off, play along with it. Its all out of fun. If you start pushing back, as Sus said....all bets are off. But it starts as good-natured ribbing....it will escalate if you cause it to.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Susquehanna Birder

In all seriousness, if you are okay with getting verbally harrassed, and you don't try and dish it back, you'll probably be fine. Just make with the "yeah, I'm an a-hole" understanding, be cool, and you shouldn't have any real problems.

If you get mouthy or try and retaliate, of course, all bets are off.

Sgt PSN

It also helps if you throw money and beer to the crowd. 

rjs246

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 01, 2005, 07:41:19 AM

And quick. Don't let these guys fool you into thinking that the fans are a bunch of teddy bears. Some people get touchy about the Philly reputation, but it is earned and deserved in a lot of instances. Take the ribbing well and laugh it off and you'll be fine. Try to give it back and you won't be fine, and if by some miracle the Raiders are winning in the fourth quarter listen to the end on the radio in your car. We don't deal with losing very well.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on July 01, 2005, 08:20:33 AM
and if by some miracle the Raiders are winning in the fourth quarter listen to the end on the radio in your car. We don't deal with losing very well.

LOL...and by miracle, he means...when I grow a few inches, then sprout wings and fly, and then the Raiders win....listen to the end on the radio in your car.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MURP

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on July 01, 2005, 07:41:19 AM
In all seriousness, if you are okay with getting verbally harrassed, and you don't try and dish it back, you'll probably be fine. Just make with the "yeah, I'm an a-hole" understanding, be cool, and you shouldn't have any real problems.

I agree with this 100%.  Thats exactly how it goes in my opinion. 

If you want to tailgate, feel free to come to our tailgate.  As mentioned by PG, One of the blackhole Raider fans "Spike" hung out with us the last time the Raiders came to Philly.  It was a great time. 

Yeti

When you are walking in, get eye contact with any one in an Eagles jersey and mouth the words "You are a pusy". 

We like people who display courage.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Wingspan

Numba1Raider = Miggs :-D

i can smell your c**t
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

phillymic2000

Quote from: Yeti on July 11, 2005, 05:05:43 PM
When you are walking in, get eye contact with any one in an Eagles jersey and mouth the words "You are a pusy". 

We like people who display courage.

LOL!!! I needed a good laugh today, Thanks :-D

ParkingLotFlagDude

I have seen some opposing fans get FREE BEER by wearing their jersey in the stadium, here's the secret.

While sitting in your seat, and you start to hear the icehole chant..stand up face the general direction of the chanting and hold up the middle finger of your right hand to indicate that you would like 1 beer.  The beer may come surprisingly fast, and not necessarily from the direction your looking. 

I have noticed 2 other issues with the method, sometimes there is more than one beer delivered at the same time, and not all the beer stays in the cup as it sails through the air.

have fun   >:D
Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

ice grillin you

let me catch you walking in my parking lot and you wont need to worry about the fans in the stadium
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I saw a guy in a Giants jersey stand up on top of his ride and lead the a-hole chant a few years back.

I was impressed actually.  The guy took it in stride and everyone had a laugh over it.

The funniest thing is watching people walk by the guys with the dee-jay set-ups.  They really get roasted.

Just be cool and don't be a macho dickhead and things should be cool.

Sgt PSN

Some kid, maybe 10 or 11 was the recipient of an a-hole chant because he was wearing a Tiki Barber jersey at the Linc back in 2003.  I normally don't advocate the use of profanity towards children but he was sitting in a luxary suite or something.  So farg him.