Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Hahaha!  I'll bet you any amount of money that this was related to the PS3 nonsense.

QuoteNovember 17, 2006

Possible pipe bomb forces evacuation of Best Buy
Staff Report

DAYTONA BEACH -- Best Buy and Barnes & Noble were back to normal this evening after police detonated a hoax bomb found outside the International Speedway Boulevard stores.

Police found eight pipes taped together with black and red wire and a clothes pin attached. The call came in about a possible bomb at 4:36 p.m. and police SWAT teams evacuated people from the plaza.

ISB was closed for a brief period while the Sheriff's Office bomb squad blew up the device. Streets behind the stores and parking lot to the plaza at 1900 W. International Speeway Blvd. were closed to incoming traffic, witnesses said.

Dillen

Quote from: Diomedes on November 17, 2006, 07:40:53 PM
it's funny to me that so many people hate on these people who are standing in line, paying lots of cash, making lots of cash reselling, etc.

I don't get what's so "loser" about it.  certainly no less loser than worshiping a bunch of goddamned illiterate icehole millionaire jocks
They're paying over 9k for a video game system, Dio. The original price is like 1/20th of that.

The BIGSTUD

it's funny to me that so many people hate on these people who are standing in line, paying lots of cash, making lots of cash reselling, etc.

I don't get what's so "loser" about it.  certainly no less loser than worshiping a bunch of goddamned illiterate icehole millionaire jocks

Having the free time to waste 3 days on line waiting instantly makes you a loser. Unless it was for something like Superbowl tickets which you may NEVER get again, this is something you can easily get down the road.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Feva

Quote from: King Cole on November 17, 2006, 10:06:34 PM

Having the free time to waste 3 days on line waiting instantly makes you a loser. Unless it was for something like Superbowl tickets which you may NEVER get again, this is something you can easily get down the road.

Waste 3 days?

These guys buy them out of the stores for $600 and sell them on ebay for at least $2000.

Do you make $1400 in 3 days?  Didn't think so.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

the bigger loser than the guy selling the PS3 is the guy buying it for $2k
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 17, 2006, 10:12:50 PM

Waste 3 days?

These guys buy them out of the stores for $600 and sell them on ebay for at least $2000.

and quit your job to make that money, so in the long-term you lose money.

Yes, people did quit their jobs to wait in line. Quite a few on the news admitted to it, and I read online stories about people saying they did.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mpmcgraw

I think its funny that people with thousands of posts on an internet message board are calling people who are making a couple thousand dollars for sitting around losers.

Feva

Quote from: King Cole on November 17, 2006, 10:22:34 PM

Waste 3 days?

Yes, people did quit their jobs to wait in line. Quite a few on the news admitted to it, and I read online stories about people saying they did.

Look at you switching it up.

You never said anything about quitting a job.  You were saying "Having the free time to waste 3 days on line waiting instantly makes you a loser."

Biiiiig difference, kiddo.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Wingspan

i turned a ps2 around for $1000 profit when that was launched.

and frankly, i tried to preorder the ps3 and i would have done the exact same thing
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: EagleFeva on November 17, 2006, 10:43:42 PM
Quote from: King Cole on November 17, 2006, 10:22:34 PM

Waste 3 days?

Look at you switching it up.

You never said anything about quitting a job.  You were saying "Having the free time to waste 3 days on line waiting instantly makes you a loser."

Biiiiig difference, kiddo.

They are one in the same. If you have free-time to do that most likely you don't have a job.  Which could also easily mean they are getting the money from their parents.

Either or. If you don't have any priorities during the day you have to commit to, you are a loser and if you don't have a job at the age these people were out buying it, then you are a loser. The 15 and 16 year old kids aren't losers, because most kids that age don't have priorities or work yet, but the parents who let them skip school are terrible parents. Most of the kids camping out were 21 and up though, which makes it more and more pathetic as their ages rise.

Diomedes

Quote from: Dillen37 on November 17, 2006, 09:46:51 PMThey're paying over 9k for a video game system, Dio. The original price is like 1/20th of that.
Granted, that doesn't seem to make much fiscal sense to me..but so what?  It's not MY money.  It's a free market, the demand is high enough for people to pay that coin.  What makes them losers for spending their money how they chose?  Or for turning a tidy profit on a couble days wating around?
Something about the vitriol people spew in reaction to this phenomenon is off kilter.  It really gets under people's skin--I don't know how many people I've heard calling them losers over the past few days, practically spitting mad about it--and I don't get why.  Who are they hurting, what's wrong with this?  Does it piss you off because you're stuck in your SUV on the way to work, just like every other day, and you're not being interviewed?  You're only gonna make $200 for your two hours of commuting and 7 hours of office time?  Do you think people on food stamps are paying nine thousand dollars for these things or something?  I don't get it.  People act like the folks in line kicked their dog or something.

Quote from: SunMo on November 17, 2006, 10:16:06 PMthe bigger loser than the guy selling the PS3 is the guy buying it for $2k
Or not.
Say I'm rich as hell and I want one.  My name is money and I've got more than I can ever spend.  I'm a basketball player, a rock star, etc.  They're out there, by the thousands.
So I let the people stand in line, then I have one of my personal assistants buy one off ebay, for whatever price.  I fail to see what's loser about spending your money how you see fit.

Quote from: Billy Beane on November 17, 2006, 10:30:42 PMI think its funny that people with thousands of posts on an internet message board are calling people who are making a couple thousand dollars for sitting around losers.
me too.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

Quote from: Diomedes on November 18, 2006, 10:26:54 AM

Say I'm rich as hell and I want one.  My name is money and I've got more than I can ever spend.  I'm a basketball player, a rock star, etc.  They're out there, by the thousands.
So I let the people stand in line, then I have one of my personal assistants buy one off ebay, for whatever price.  I fail to see what's loser about spending your money how you see fit.

because you know just as well as i that 99.9% of the people spending $2k on a PS3 can't afford to pay their rent for that month
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

No, I don't know that.  Neither do you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

mussa

I laughed hard Thursday night when it was pouring rain straight for 4 hrs and those sorry asses were camped outside. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

You, of all people, giving these bums the benefit of the doubt registers very high on the irony meter.