2021 Draft Discussion

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2021, 04:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

My favorite was after they reached for Trevor Laws in the 2nd round they couldn't stop talking about his quick hands.

QB Eagles

The last Eagles draft pick who made the Pro Bowl his rookie year:

ice grillin you

I have three of them I grew up on them I worship them and still every time i see one my bathing suit area starts to feel funny

just farging gorgeous
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

I need a Byron Evans one. Bad.

phattymatty

Keith Jackson is my jersey.

also I thought Micah parsons graduated like 6-7 years ago.

Diomedes

You're probably confusing him with Gram Parsons, who died in 1973.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Any predictions for Thursday? Seems like Surtain to Dallas. Ive barely done any research but mocks have them taking either Devonta Smith or Jaycee Horn. I'd be thrilled with either player. Since it's Howie I'm expecting something out of left field. He just can't help his smartest guy in the room self. Wouldn't mind another trade up if a QB falls and the value is good.

Another thought: are Fields/Lance/Jones that much better qb prospects that Hurts? I'm not saying Hurts is anything special but neither are those 3.

ice grillin you

if hurts is in this draft he's still a second rounder

I'm not saying all those guys are studs and odds are that a couple will bust but just on arm talent alone they are all light years ahead of hurts as prospects

I just want a successful pick...the eagles roster is so bad that I find it hard to focus on any single player at 12....of course this would change if say a waddle or Sewell drops...but of the players expected to be there eh just take the highest on your board and make sure you are right...or trade back for future picks cause this draft if putrid...I mean of course it is since the eagles have the most picks in it

if I was forced to choose I would say take a lineman...take the 12 puck out of it just in terms of big picture coming out of this draft I'm looking to begin to form your OL if the future

General_Failure

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2021, 07:52:37 PM
I just want a successful pick...the eagles roster is so bad that I find it hard to focus on any single player at 12.

I have no confidence in that happening at all.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

I've seen Horn predicted to them in a lot of mocks because despite needing a WR the group there is deep. So people seem to think they'll go corner. I'd be fine with that. Surtain would take a jump ahead of Dallas which Howie could do.

I would prefer Smith though. I want a baller at WR. It's a shame they can't get Pitts

If they take some OL or Kwity Paye I'll probably lose it

MDS

i kind of want a lineman just to destroy eagles twitter i.e. the biggest collection of paint huffing morons in the universe
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

That's true.

But drafting some stiff to see people cry ain't worth it

I've also read they love Jaylen Waddle

MDS

hes not a stiff he just plays a boring position

everyone wants waddle or smith and they could both stink

sports fans in general but football fans especially cannot fathom their team being bad or taking a step back. add in the general meth headedness of eagles fans and you get foaming at the mouth anger over this shtein
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2021, 07:52:37 PM
if hurts is in this draft he's still a second rounder

I'm not saying all those guys are studs and odds are that a couple will bust but just on arm talent alone they are all light years ahead of hurts as prospects

Valid points. I like Hurts intangibles but end of the day talent wins. OSU qbs are meh in the nfl but Fields interests me as a prospect more so than Lance or Jones who I've admittedly seen very little of. The one good thing for the Eagles is 5 qbs should be taken by the time they pick meaning the 7 best players at other positions are available.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on April 27, 2021, 10:24:54 PM
hes not a stiff he just plays a boring position

everyone wants waddle or smith and they could both stink

sports fans in general but football fans especially cannot fathom their team being bad or taking a step back. add in the general meth headedness of eagles fans and you get foaming at the mouth anger over this shtein

honestly its not just twitter or wip fans its draft analysts as well and of course its a vicious cycle because the twitter/wip crowd have no thoughts of their own they simply regurgitate what the analysts are saying

its just so infuriating how they all act like the eagles are a wr away from contending...there would be nothing wrong with taking a wr as it is certainly a need but they either have a massive hole or are ageing at every single position on the field except RB and TE yet because of who they had to go with at WR down the stretch the last two years...which admittedly was ugly...its now become wr or bust...like if howie takes an OL or DL fans will bitch and be like oh there goes the 2021 season down the drain...but if that guy pans out and they have an all pro level tackle in five years when they might be good you wont hear a peep about how they should have taken a wr

of course they will never be good without a QB but thats for another day