Random sports stuff thread

Started by Eagaholic, March 18, 2013, 01:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Since this morning the NHL Network had the 1980 Game 6 Finals on (Flyers lost), MLB Network had the 2009 World Series Game 6 (Phils lost) and now Faux Sports has SB XXXIX on (Eagles lost).

Can't make this shtein up. 

ice grillin you

leon motherfarging stickle is probably my earliest sports memory

that flyers team might be the best team in the history of sports that didnt win a title but whats really crazy about them is they didnt win and the team that beat them won four in a row

philly sports
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 01, 2020, 08:48:33 AM
leon motherfarging stickle is probably my earliest sports memory

that flyers team might be the best team in the history of sports that didnt win a title but whats really crazy about them is they didnt win and the team that beat them won four in a row

philly sports

We just had this exact conversation at my buddies house this past week. The Oilers team was the most talented team in organized sports history.

ice grillin you

80 was the islanders dynasty

85 and 87 flyers lost to the oilers

philly sports

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 01, 2020, 09:31:04 AM
80 was the islanders dynasty

85 and 87 flyers lost to the oilers

philly sports

Swear to god we talked about the islanders dynasty jamming up a flyers S.C. then the oilers. The RW and BH were also dominant and won multiple S.C. No excuse for the Flyers not winning in 50 years but they ran into some great teams.

We were talking about Hextall winning the Conn Smythe even though the flyers lost. Someone mentioned it's only happened one other time and one of the guys in our fantasy league who's known as the complainer shouts a name out. Nobody believed him but sure enough another flyer won the CS on the losing team. It's actually happened 3 times in history. Without an internet search can you name the flyer?

ice grillin you

Reggie leach of course

flyers were my first love...man could I show you some nerd shtein from when I was a kid

Rome

The 70s Canadiens were insanely good.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 01, 2020, 11:56:46 AM
Reggie leach of course

flyers were my first love...man could I show you some nerd shtein from when I was a kid

Great job

These guys are 6 years older than me and only one of them could drop that knowledge. They're long time season ticket holders too.

Phillies were my first love. I idolized Schmidt (played 3rd, wore #20)...then I met him and he was a complete jerkoff

Munson

Quote from: AO1 on June 01, 2020, 12:15:28 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 01, 2020, 11:56:46 AM
Reggie leach of course

Great job

These guys are 6 years older than me and only one of them could drop that knowledge. They're long time season ticket holders too.

Phillies were my first love. I idolized Schmidt (played 3rd, wore #20)...then I met him and he was a complete jerkoff

It could be worse...I started playing little league in 1992 or 1993. My first jersey # was #4. Guess which player was my favorite?  :-D
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Roids was amazing in the early 90's...if he wasn't such a douchebag he could have been a Philly legend

MDS

shocking turn of events, as it appears there might be klan members in nascar

QuoteTALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) — NASCAR says a noose was found in Black driver Bubba Wallace's garage stall at Talladega Superspeedway.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i cant farging wait for the flyers game