Boxing World continued..

Started by MURP, November 04, 2004, 05:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

zudah clottey on hbo tonight which should be good but the real reason to watch is the replay of cotto margarita that precedes it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Margarita/Cotto was one hell of a fight. I especially like how Cotto was showboating in the beginning of the fight but ended up bloody and beaten at the end.
Zudah/Clottey sucked, turned it off after the decision and didn't get the full explanation of why they stopped it. I'm guessing Zudah's eye was too farged up.

SD_Eagle5

Pavlik is gonna destroy Hopkins. They're probably my two favorite fighters so I don't even know who to root for.

reese125

Hopkins has some balls, but is obviously looking to get paid like its nobodys business.

42/43 yrs old now looking to fight Pavlik after losing to Calzaghe? Joe Frazier will soon have a buddy to play paddy-cake with in speech therapy

DH

I dont  think Judah/Clottey sucked at all actually...only thing that sucked about it was the early stoppage. Zab showed a lot of fight against one of the better up and coming welterweights in the world...Of course though, because Zab is a bigger name than Clottey, hes probably gonna get Margarito next year..

Looks like Pacquiao - De La Hoya is about to happen too..Awesome if Manny wins and stays in the welterweight class so he can fight the Cottos Margaritos and Clotteys of the world...

phillymic2000

Quote from: reese125 on August 07, 2008, 09:01:20 AM
Hopkins has some balls, but is obviously looking to get paid like its nobodys business.

42/43 yrs old now looking to fight Pavlik after losing to Calzaghe? Joe Frazier will soon have a buddy to play paddy-cake with in speech therapy

He beat Joe imo, but yeah I do not like his chances against Kelly.

SunMo

ESPN's unofficial scoring has Hopkins taking every round except the 11th so far with the 9th being a 9-9 round due to him losing a point.

If the real thing is anything close to that, this will be a huge upset.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

Unanimous decision...119-106, 118-108, 117-109  Hopkins farging dominated Pavelik
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD_Eagle5

Good to see the old farg still has it, I thought Pavlik was going to destroy him.

phillymic2000

fargin awesome fight, so happy for Bhop.

ice grillin you

lol at anyone from youngstown beating north philly
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phillymic2000

Big surprise here ::)

QuoteUnbeaten light heavyweight star Joe Calzaghe (46-0, 32 KOs) dealt a twelve round beating to Roy Jones, Jr. (52-5, 38 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Jones dropped Calzaghe in round one with a glancing right hand and landed some clean shots in the second. But Calzaghe began to outwork Jones in the third and showed disdain for Jones' power by keeping his hands down between quick flurries. Calzaghe continued to beat Jones to the punch and cut Roy over the left eye in round seven. Jones' corner was unable to stop the blood as Calzaghe continued to dominate until the final bell. Scores were 118-109 on all cards.

How anyone billed this as an even matchup is beyond me. I would love to see Joe fight Hop again, but that was his closest fight ever so nah it won't happen. Really the only ones left to fight at L. heavy would be Hop again, dawson (undefeated still) Glen Johnson, Tarver or woods. He could drop back to Super middle against, Froch, Bute, JT or Kessler again, or be really dramatic and jump to the heavy's and take abelt before he retires.

henchmanUK

I am gonna stick my patriotic hat on and say watch Danny Haye on Saturday. The future of heavyweight boxing. Oh, and Joe Calzaghe 2 USA 0. ;)
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London