Who Would You Like To See On The Banner?

Started by SunMo, March 08, 2008, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

Buddy
6 (28.6%)
Randall
10 (47.6%)
Donovan
10 (47.6%)
Westbrook
14 (66.7%)
Andy Reid
2 (9.5%)
Seth
4 (19%)
Reggie
12 (57.1%)
Wes
9 (42.9%)
Eric Allen
8 (38.1%)
Runyan
6 (28.6%)
Trotter
3 (14.3%)
Andre Watters
13 (61.9%)
Tommy McDonald
6 (28.6%)
VanBrocklin
2 (9.5%)
Jaws
8 (38.1%)
Quick
4 (19%)
Carmichael
8 (38.1%)
Bergey
3 (14.3%)
Papale
3 (14.3%)
Jerome
10 (47.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Diomedes

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 10, 2008, 11:27:35 AMSo when I go to the games and see a bunch of people walking around with an obvious brand new Papale jersey, it just irritates the crap out of me because I think most people are wearing it to try and make it look like they're some kind of old school Eagles fan or something. 

kinda like when you see 20 year old white kids wearing a throwback Jerome jersey?

I for one can't stand the douchebags who walk around in a kicker's jersey
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on March 10, 2008, 01:49:49 PM
I for one can't stand the douchebags who walk around in a kicker's jersey

Ha.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on March 10, 2008, 01:39:12 PM
Papale wasn't your "average joe" though. He was a all american track star at St Joes U, and he played pro ball before when he tried out and made The Philadelphia Bell (of the WFL)...that's where Vermeil discovered him.

I know that Vermeil knew who he was before he tried out for the Eagles.  And even though Papale may have been a damn good athlete, he was still barely recognizable even in his home city before he made the Eagles.  My argument isn't that Papale wasn't a good athlete or anything.  My argument is that he was an average special teams player who wouldn't have gotten any recognition at all if he wasn't a hometown boy. 

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 10, 2008, 01:42:22 PM
Sarge is probably basing his statement more on the fictionalized version in the movie.

Nope, not at all.  That's one of the reasons why I didn't care all that much for the movie. 

Point is, Eagles fans walking around in a Papale jersey is just as douchey as a Notre Dame fan wearing a Rudy jersey. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yeah, but neither compare to those that wear #12 to represent the fans as the "12th man".

Sgt PSN

Who does that?  Texas A&M will sue them for copyright infringement. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think the Seahawks do it, and it's spattered about football in other places.

Anyway, it's for stylishly-dressed young men.

BTW, the top vote-getters so far are Reggie, Westbrook, and Andre Waters tied at 10.  I'd be ok with a banner of just those three.

ice grillin you

no on reggie...not only did he leave the eagles in his prime but he won a superbowl on his new team...i dont but a lot of people consider him a packer
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

He also might be the most dominant player ever to wear an Eagle uniform.

Diomedes

he was also an evangelist, a bigot, a flakey big shot who made promised he didn't keep, and oh yeah...a Packer

farg him
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

wes hopkins was none of those things and never played a single game for any team but his beloved eagles

Diomedes

and he got my vote and reverend bigot didn't

Sgt PSN

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 10, 2008, 02:54:28 PM
I think the Seahawks do it, and it's spattered about football in other places.

I know they do.  And the Aggies sued them because of it. 

ice grillin you

nicely done

in fact i believe from that list wes - jb and quick are the only non current players who didnt play for another team in their career (cept papale of course)

and its no coincidence those are the three that should win this...they are all locks...the only reason youd vote reggie is because hes dead which really isnt a reason but if it is then jb comes way before him...hispanics are good at the family structure they can put 20-30 people in one home

QB Eagles

Yeah fill up our banner with 1991 players... that'll really help whenever we accuse taterskins and Cowboys fans of living in the past.

SunMo

yeah, recognizing players from the past is definitely living in the past...great call
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.