Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

Quote from: Munson on September 20, 2011, 01:10:28 AM
Nerded it up hardcore and went and picked up Gears 3 at midnight.

Waiting for my boy to play the campaign Thursday, but goddamn Multiplayer is awesome so far. Worlds ahead of the other two games.

I can't wait to play it. Just waiting to get time to play it with by buddy.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Dead Island is glitchy as farg. First the damn girl want follow me then I try to reload that section and the god damn game freezes on me.

Munson

The game automatically connects you to xbox live, but there's an option to turn that off and make it just a private game. as for the shtein you pick up, it will definitely come into play later. as you finish off quests or find new work benches, youll pick up weapons plans that allow you to make barbed wire bats or electrified machettes, etc. so all that random shtein you pick up ends up being used for that. or you could sell it to the different traders for a couple bucks. the weapons wear down quicker earlier on but as you upgrade them, and as you get further along, you find more sturdy weapons. keep checking the ones you find too, because one wooden oar may be more sturdy or inflict more damage then another
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

Quote from: hbionic on September 27, 2011, 05:06:43 PM
Quote from: Munson on September 20, 2011, 01:10:28 AM
Nerded it up hardcore and went and picked up Gears 3 at midnight.

Waiting for my boy to play the campaign Thursday, but goddamn Multiplayer is awesome so far. Worlds ahead of the other two games.

I can't wait to play it. Just waiting to get time to play it with by buddy.
If you've played the other 2 games and love the story, be prepared to 1. Get slightly emotional over a farging video game and 2. Feel a little frustrated with the lack of clarity on some things (like full answers on Locust origins and such)

Assuming you havn't read the books, a few things that will at least keep some things less confusing...
1. Since the last game, the Lambent have become the main enemy. Sprouting up all over the place.
2. Chairman Prescott, as you may have guessed from the game trailers, has left the COG. In the books, the reason why he leaves is a huge distrust between he and Hoffman. Hoffman discovers a disc in Prescott's desk that is heavily encrypted, and to this day Baird has been incapable of breaking the code.
3. Trescu and his group of people are not randomly inserted into the world, they were introduced in the book. Old members of the UIR (COG's enemy during Pendulum Wars)

That's pretty much all I can give you without giving up some spoilers. The game is pretty awesome, and Cliff B at Epic has said there will be some campaign downloadable content. A lot of the fanboys on the Gears website are speculating that we'll get more answers from that stuff. It's jsut frustrating at the end because you want more clear answers then you got. Multiplayer is also awesome on this game, worlds better then the first two games.

Quote from: SD on September 27, 2011, 05:07:13 PM
Dead Island is glitchy as farg. First the damn girl want follow me then I try to reload that section and the god damn game freezes on me.

I had a few glitches here or there but nothing this bad. Try turning off the Xbox Live like I told you and see if that helps. My game def got more glitchy if I was connected with another player.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

Quote from: Munson on September 27, 2011, 05:09:38 PM
The game automatically connects you to xbox live, but there's an option to turn that off and make it just a private game. as for the shtein you pick up, it will definitely come into play later. as you finish off quests or find new work benches, youll pick up weapons plans that allow you to make barbed wire bats or electrified machettes, etc. so all that random shtein you pick up ends up being used for that. or you could sell it to the different traders for a couple bucks. the weapons wear down quicker earlier on but as you upgrade them, and as you get further along, you find more sturdy weapons. keep checking the ones you find too, because one wooden oar may be more sturdy or inflict more damage then another

I figured the single player out. Probably taking Dead Island back tomorrow. Seems like all I'm doing is running around, collecting shtein, doing stupid tasks, then some times combating zombies. The zombies aren't really all that scary and I hate the combat system and weapon upgrade. The glitches absolutely suck. So far I've done about 5 side quests and 3 of them I had to restart the level because it wouldn't let me perform the task. Like Fallout 3 it's just not my type of game. Gonna get GOW3 instead which is a given I'll like.

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on September 27, 2011, 07:41:49 PM
1. Get slightly emotional over a farging video game

I get that way when I lose in MLB The Show. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

hahaha don

SD it gets a little harder once you get into the city. The First chapters on the beach were definitely the least exciting. Eventually when you can build army machette's that electrocute when you get a good hit, it gets a little more fun to combat.

There's also an option to switch the combat from auto aim to a system where you have to aim and use the sticks to swing your weapon. Makes it a little bit more involved/challenging.

But yes I definitely recommend Gears 3 over Dead Island.

Sgt PSN

Every video game console ever made

Some of them are hilarious, like the Panasonic johnson that tried to merge a video game console with a VCR. 

Zanshin

phattymatty

bought fifa 12 last week. very fun.

Zanshin

Anyone try NHL 12 yet? Much of an upgrade over 11?

reese125

Tell u what-battlefield 3 is no joke if you haven't tried the beta yet.

The realism of sound and movement is pretty sick. It's frustrating as hell at first because its not Call of Duty, but you start to really appreciate the weapons, scenery and tactics you have to use after multiple plays.

hbionic

Quote from: phattymatty on October 10, 2011, 03:24:00 PM
bought fifa 12 last week. very fun.

Matthew is correct. I second this opinion.

My funnest shot has been a cross into the middle, with a guy doing a diving header for a goal. I have not play any other video game for the past 12 months now, FIFA '11 was it, now it is going to be '12.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

mussa

Quote from: reese125 on October 10, 2011, 03:40:48 PM
Tell u what-battlefield 3 is no joke if you haven't tried the beta yet.

The realism of sound and movement is pretty sick. It's frustrating as hell at first because its not Call of Duty, but you start to really appreciate the weapons, scenery and tactics you have to use after multiple plays.

Yeah I have to agree. Totally different game, but its going to give MW3 a run for its money. I was never a fan of the old Battlefields, but this one is finally up to par. I made up my mind its Battlefield 3, I quit Call of Duty.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

saw the commercial this morning, looks incredible.

i like how the sub title is "Above and beyond the call"

slightly veiled COD shot?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.