Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Bioshock had a great stylized feel to it. The atmosphere added dramatically to the game.

phattymatty

so is the 360 a loud machine? 

mine seems like it makes too much noise, even more than my computer.  not sure if it's supposed to sound like that or something is wrong.

SD_Eagle5

yeah it's loud as farg. you won't notice it after a while.

Diomedes

it's loud only if you didn't buy the 360Fridxe, which simultaneously cools and buffers fan noise
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

mussa

you can download games to your hard drive, so it doesn't run the disc. it drops the sound level a ton if you have the hard drive space for it. I have the 20 Gb model and I can only download one game at a time. Go to the screen where it has your game in xbox live and hit the Y button, then it gives you option to download to hard drive
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: mussa on February 09, 2009, 10:17:39 AM
you can download games to your hard drive, so it doesn't run the disc. it drops the sound level a ton if you have the hard drive space for it. I have the 20 Gb model and I can only download one game at a time. Go to the screen where it has your game in xbox live and hit the Y button, then it gives you option to download to hard drive
this is money.  Dio and Phatty, you guys on XBL? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

phattymatty

not yet, i just got the thing last week and am not online with it yet. 

nhl09 is fun as shtein, but it's hard to score still.  i lost 7-3 to the penguins yesterday. 

Zanshin

You might want to have a word with your defensemen.  Scoring 3 goals really isn't bad at all...letting in 7 is more of the problem there.

Zanshin

Oh, and I did pick up Fight Night Round 3.  Found it for $16.  Man, that game is a lot of fun.

Diomedes

Glad you did.  I love the controls.  And it's a blast against a friend.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Zanshin

It's one of those games that's better against a friend in person. Harder to give the knowing "I'm kicking your ass" looks over the net.

Diomedes

mussa

thats pretty cool.

just downloaded EA's arcade NHL game on xbox live. very cool and its only 800 credits
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

Someone was looking into the wireless adapter awhile back...found it on sale, if you're still interested:
http://www.cheapstingybargains.com/31230/xbox-360-wireless-network-adapter-wi-fi-80/