Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

I like that, but it's rough when you're trying to step up in the pocket and the ball goes sailing over my open receiver's head.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Zanshin on August 29, 2007, 09:19:55 AM
I like that, but it's rough when you're trying to step up in the pocket and the ball goes sailing over my open receiver's head.
or into the hands of Mike Mckenzie
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Wingspan

Quote from: mussa on August 28, 2007, 11:56:25 AM
Zone coverage in madden 08 is almost useless...somehow a good receiver will always burn the CB and S no matter how deep the zone coverage is....its freakin frustrating...yet when your on offense, going deep is almost impossible with the likes of Curtis and Brown. Curtis sometimes gets free, but rarely. Passing it just about impossible. Hook routes, impossible to tell if its good to throw or not, since its all based on timing. It may look like he's in front, but CPU will jump in front somehow and pick it off. I have 5 picks and 1 TD with McNabb 3 games deep in franchise...QB rating of about 40.0 with 40% completion rating, hah!

Did I mention I am playing on All-Pro level with computer sliders down also.

I played an online game last night, and neither one of us scored a TD, the game ended 11 to 9.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Zanshin

mussa

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 29, 2007, 07:55:08 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on August 28, 2007, 07:15:39 PM
Quote from: mussa on August 28, 2007, 11:56:25 AM
Zone coverage in madden 08 is almost useless...somehow a good receiver will always burn the CB and S no matter how deep the zone coverage is....its freakin frustrating...yet when your on offense, going deep is almost impossible with the likes of Curtis and Brown. Curtis sometimes gets free, but rarely. Passing it just about impossible. Hook routes, impossible to tell if its good to throw or not, since its all based on timing. It may look like he's in front, but CPU will jump in front somehow and pick it off. I have 5 picks and 1 TD with McNabb 3 games deep in franchise...QB rating of about 40.0 with 40% completion rating, hah!

Did I mention I am playing on All-Pro level with computer sliders down also.

Geez, it's not THAT tough.
Mussa, the main difference is you need to do directional passing with the left stick.  Your receivers will make up the difference in the pass placement, so if your guy is running a route to the right, then use the left stick and move it slightly to the right.  NCAA didnt have that this year, Madden does, it just takes a little while to get used to it.

I do use directional passing thats just it. I think I just am still adjusting to xbox controller. Its almost an entirely new game. I'll quit my bitchin and take it out on you fools online.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

i didn't think i'd have a chance to get to Walmart...so i gave my sister cash on Sunday, because she works right next to one...it's farging Wednesday and no game...and today i went to Walmart and bought golf balls.  farging funhole sister
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

Anyone try the new Tiger Woods game on the 360?  I'm not a huge golf fan, but some of my friends are going to get it and are trying to talk me into it.  Is it worthwhile?

Wingspan

The only way I golf is virtually.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Zanshin on August 30, 2007, 10:35:37 AM
Anyone try the new Tiger Woods game on the 360?  I'm not a huge golf fan, but some of my friends are going to get it and are trying to talk me into it.  Is it worthwhile?
I like the Demo, i just cant see myself playing that, its not enough of a fast pace.  I'm in the same boat though Zanshin, 4 friends are getting it, and they are already trying to get me on there.  EA owns the world this time of year.  They already got me for NCAA, Madden, NHL on Sept 11th. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

i love the Tiger Woods games for PS2, but got bored pretty quick with 07 for 360, not sure why
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

they're coming out with a "party" game for the Wii, which includes beer pong as one of the games.

oh god.

Quasimoto

Sorry I haven't logged on Live yet for anyone to kick my ass in '08.  I recently bought RE4 and Metroid Prime: Corruption for Wii and haven't been able to stop playing either.  They are badass as farg.

Rome

Video beer pong?

Wow - queer beyond measure.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on August 31, 2007, 08:50:11 AM
Video beer pong?

Wow - queer beyond measure.
i dont know, could be pretty cool, but i'd have to play

Cerevant

Anyone give Tiger Woods '08 a try on the Wii?  I'm wondering how it compares to the golf in Wii sports.

Any WoW geeks on CF?  I've recently become addicted.
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.