Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

I don't know that one is head and shoulders better than the other, but it really depends on what you want to do with it.  Do you care about the bluray or HD DVD?  Do you want more of a selection of next-gen games?  At this point, way more people have the 360, so there are more people to play online, and the game selection is better.  In two years, that might not matter.  I do know that this year's Madden is way better on the 360 than on the PS3, both in look and feel.  At this point, it's more of a personal choice.  I've always been a Playstation guy, but I chose the 360 because I was able to get it really cheap...and I'm happy with it.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 21, 2007, 01:56:30 PM
Shooter. But the main character has special abilities. Gameplay, story, graphics, and enemies are unreal.

yessiiir

got it today and is equally as amazing as the demo.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: hunt on August 21, 2007, 03:10:16 PM
geekoids...what's the better system...360 or ps3?

360 has the better library now and for the forseeable future. As far as graphics and everything else that has to do with gaming they're very similar. You can get a 360 for half the price of a PS3...so keep that in mind. If you're into HDDVD you can get the optional add on for $150 - or you can get the PS3 with the blu ray included for $600. If you're into online play go 360, it costs $5 a month but the PS3 can't touch it.

Zanshin

Yeah, as much as I thought I'd hate paying for online play, the difference is significant enough to justify it.  It's not even $5 a month-- I got a card on sale and it works out to about $2.50 a month...which is pretty meaningless.

The BIGSTUD

The only downside with the 360 is the systems drop like flies. Just make sure you get a good warranty and don't overplay it and you should be fine. Then you can just upgrade to the Falcon.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MURP

Diomedes

is bioshock the game where the hero absorbs people/monsters and their abilities, can morph into different shtein, etc?  i read about that game if it is...sounds like the kind of thing I would like if I were into that kind of thing.  which I'm not.

everyone go buy it!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

NGM

Quote from: MURP on August 21, 2007, 09:03:03 PM
whats up with this supposed problem in bio shock

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11658

Man thats pretty damn bad.  I hope that isn't in every game because thats one of the few none sports games I was interested in getting. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

mussa

Quote from: Diomedes on August 21, 2007, 09:24:54 PM
is bioshock the game where the hero absorbs people/monsters and their abilities, can morph into different shtein, etc?  i read about that game if it is...sounds like the kind of thing I would like if I were into that kind of thing.  which I'm not.

everyone go buy it!!

your thinking of prototype..due out in 08 sometime
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

ah...okay.  my bad.

carry on
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

Quote from: Zanshin on August 21, 2007, 03:19:59 PM
I don't know that one is head and shoulders better than the other, but it really depends on what you want to do with it. 

madden, nba live, tiger woods golf....almost exclusively sports games.  i dont have hdtv but plan on getting it in the near future....and i've never played online, mostly because i don't have much time to play so i suck.
i guess the 360 would be the cheaper alternative...or i could make do with my ps2 for another year & hope the prices go down.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Zanshin

If that's what you're going to use it for, I'd save a few bucks and go with the 360.

Seabiscuit36

I really love the Media functionality of my 360.  I use it as my home stereo by streaming music from my CPU.  Watch shows i've already downloaded on via torrents, and view slideshows of photos i took. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Beermonkey

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on August 22, 2007, 10:41:55 AM
I really love the Media functionality of my 360.  I use it as my home stereo by streaming music from my CPU.  Watch shows i've already downloaded on via torrents, and view slideshows of photos i took. 

I actually use my Xbox more for the Media Center than I do playing games right now. I used Media Center on my pc to record the Panthers game & played it back on my tv off the Xbox. My kids are now bugging me to record "High School Musical" so we can watch it 10 more times in the next week.

Dillen

Quote from: hunt on August 22, 2007, 08:42:32 AM
madden, nba live, tiger woods golf....almost exclusively sports games.  i dont have hdtv but plan on getting it in the near future....and i've never played online, mostly because i don't have much time to play so i suck.
i guess the 360 would be the cheaper alternative...or i could make do with my ps2 for another year & hope the prices go down.
NBA Live is absolutely awful for 360. I haven't bought a basketball game in a couple of years because the Sixers suck, but a friend of mine bought NBA 2k7 and it is 100x better than Live. Way more realistic.