Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

guess I'm lucky, never had a problem with the original Xbox or 360. (knocking on wood)

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on July 12, 2007, 10:25:08 AM
so I was going through a bunch of shtein with the lady, who was nice, but i had to leave, so i put my wife on the phone with her, and basically the lady told my wife it was fixed.  i get home, start playing and it freezes within 5 minutes.  so, i'll call again today and basically insist that i get a new one.

how do they handle that?  do they send you to a store in your area to exchange or do they send you a new one directly?
What they did with me Sun is they send you a box with a packing label prepaid.  You send it to the Texas repair facility.  It takes usually 3-4 days to get to the repair facility, then 3-5 days to get repaired, then another week to get back.  You probably will be without one for 3 weeks, its sucks..

Here is the AVS site about the repair process
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

thanks Seabiscuit, i only got the rings once, and it wasn't permanent.  my main problem is all my games freezing.  hopefully they will take it back and fix it for that too
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on July 12, 2007, 11:47:20 AM
thanks Seabiscuit, i only got the rings once, and it wasn't permanent.  my main problem is all my games freezing.  hopefully they will take it back and fix it for that too
Once you get the Rings, they'll be back.  Did your screen get all fuzzy when it froze up and show verticle lines that are black and white? 

Another thing, they'll keep asking you if its in a well ventilated area, always say yes.  I dont know if they can deny a claim for not being, but just tell them its sitting on a open table to avoid them asking that question 10 times. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 12, 2007, 11:49:45 AM
Once you get the Rings, they'll be back.  Did your screen get all fuzzy when it froze up and show verticle lines that are black and white? 

Another thing, they'll keep asking you if its in a well ventilated area, always say yes.  I dont know if they can deny a claim for not being, but just tell them its sitting on a open table to avoid them asking that question 10 times. 

i never used to get lines until i started playing my latest games, and yeah, i get fuzzy vertical lines.

and dont' worry, as far as they will know, i have the best Xbox setup in the history of gaming.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on July 12, 2007, 11:54:24 AM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on July 12, 2007, 11:49:45 AM

i never used to get lines until i started playing my latest games, and yeah, i get fuzzy vertical lines.

and dont' worry, as far as they will know, i have the best Xbox setup in the history of gaming.
When they kept asking, i told them i had setup a fan behind my TV and Xbox to prevent overheating, they shut up at that point

SunMo

Dillen

Quote from: SunMo on July 12, 2007, 10:41:24 AM
mine was from November...not sure if that was supposed to be the good batch or not.
I bought mine around March or so. Pretty lucky I guess, although one time I did get a single red light but it just turned out my wireless controller had almost no battery left.

That said, if you have another friend that bought a 360 more recent than you, it's easy to just use their receipt and get a new one. When I bought mine, my friend's 360 had broken about a week before or so. He still had everything that comes with the system so he put it all in the box and took it to Walmart with my receipt saying that when he plugged everything in he got the 3 red lights already, and it looked tampered with to begin with because there's no hard drive. (He gave me his hard drive so I wasn't basically giving a 360 away for free, I sold the hard drive on eBay for like $75) and they had no problem giving him a new one. If mine ever breaks I'll probably do something like that.

mussa

sun,

does yours freeze just on online or regular play or both? mine froze before trying to join a game...kind of jumpin back and forth.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

SunMo

both.  i've only been online for 2 weeks, but i've had the freezing problem for months

NGM

Quote from: SunMo on July 12, 2007, 01:16:27 PM
both.  i've only been online for 2 weeks, but i've had the freezing problem for months

Funny, I have had mine for a year now and I will occasionally get the rings of death, but I just turn the 360 off and back on and everything is cool.  The only problem I consistently have is if I play a game a lot for a couple of months, eventually my 360 stops reading the disc.  I have had it happen with Fifa 07 NCAA 07 and Fight Night 3.  Other than that, my system works beautifully. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Dillen

For those who are going to buy NCAA 08, are you going to reserve it? I've never had to before, but maybe it sells much quicker for 360.

NGM

Quote from: Dillen on July 12, 2007, 04:24:08 PM
For those who are going to buy NCAA 08, are you going to reserve it? I've never had to before, but maybe it sells much quicker for 360.

Reservations are overrated IMO.  Maybe it is because I live in Lancaster, but I usually just go and pick the game up that night.  I call ahead and make sure that they have copies and they always seem to have some because of people who did reserve it and never bothered picking it up.  And if you call ahead and say you can be there in 20 minutes they are going to take your cash. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Dillen

That's true. I've been wanting to buy some CD for awhile, maybe I'll go to Best Buy on Tuesday and pick them both up.