Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

i only bought it one year cause i didn't know you could get it for free online. go to maddenmania.com and look under NCAA and just search for rosters. you can get them for free. the dicks on ebay usually just copy them and sell it anyway.

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on July 10, 2007, 04:33:44 PM
it says you need a kit to transfer the data from the email to be used on the xbox...how do you get it from the computer to the xbox?
Transfer kit basically goes from the computer to a memory card, then to the xbox
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

NGM

Quote from: mussa on July 10, 2007, 05:05:42 PM
i only bought it one year cause i didn't know you could get it for free online. go to maddenmania.com and look under NCAA and just search for rosters. you can get them for free. the dicks on ebay usually just copy them and sell it anyway.

How do you transfer it to your 360 then?  Do you need xbox live or is there some other method.
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

mussa

i honestly don't know, xbox 360 is all knew to me. havn't had a chance to look into it yet, but im sure you can find out how on the forums in maddenmania.com
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

The BIGSTUD

NCAA is so much better than Madden. I don't even buy Madden anymore. The recruiting and having fresh rosters every year is so much better. Also in Madden, I hate when players randomly retire at like 33, when in real life they have plenty of game left.

The demo plays a lot smoother, and there are new animations, but it feels mostly the same. The recruiting will be revamped so I can't wait.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

Can't wait for NCAA '08, it is a nice homecoming present after spending a month out here in the Mojave Desert.  That as well as beer and women not in Army uniforms.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Dillen

Agreed with pretty much everything here. Last year I bought a PS2 memory card with rosters on it for like $10, awesome deal considering memory cards are like $20 anyways. I have a 360 now and I'll just put in some of the names gradually, I know a lot of college players anyway.

What was mentioned earlier regarding the roster turnover and all that is good because that's one of the reasons I always bought Madden, because of "new rosters." New rosters my ass, they'll have maybe 1 or 2 different important players. farg that. NCAA kicks ass, I really have no idea why I still bought Madden in the past.

Zanshin

I tried the NCAA demo.  Seems to play kind of slow. Other than that, it looks okay.  I'm not much of a college football guy, so unless I can pick it up on the cheap, I'll stick to Madden.  Madden on the 360 looks to be a big improvment over the last few editions.  We shall see....

SunMo

As I mentioned a few months ago, I've been having some problems with games freezing and what not.  Well, last night, I got the 3 rings of death.  I turned it off and on and it worked again, but it was enough to finally call Xbox and wait on hold for 30 minutes...fargers
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on July 12, 2007, 08:21:33 AM
As I mentioned a few months ago, I've been having some problems with games freezing and what not.  Well, last night, I got the 3 rings of death.  I turned it off and on and it worked again, but it was enough to finally call Xbox and wait on hold for 30 minutes...fargers
that sucks man, i've had some games freezing recently, and issues with the blades for looking at who's online and the music player.  I called last friday to figure out what was wrong, i got some philippino lady who kept saying  "What tha problem" in a bitchy tone.  She had me pop in 5 different xbox games to get it to freeze, and nothing happend like i told her.  I'm probably in the same boat Sun, ive gone thru one already.  The good thing is they extended that warranty so its all free, and supposedly all the refurbs or repaired ones will have a new heatsink built in to cut down on the heat that they produce. 

BTW did anyone play the Ace Combat 6 Demo yet?  I havent been able to get online the past 2 days with all of this work shtein. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Cerevant

Microsoft admits it - 360 has design flaw which affects every unit.  No wonder you had a nice long hold time...
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Cerevant on July 12, 2007, 10:22:42 AM
Microsoft admits it - 360 has design flaw which affects every unit.  No wonder you had a nice long hold time...
welcome to last week. 

SunMo

so I was going through a bunch of shtein with the lady, who was nice, but i had to leave, so i put my wife on the phone with her, and basically the lady told my wife it was fixed.  i get home, start playing and it freezes within 5 minutes.  so, i'll call again today and basically insist that i get a new one.

how do they handle that?  do they send you to a store in your area to exchange or do they send you a new one directly?

mussa

great. i thought all the newer x-box's were fine. guess not?

SunMo

mine was from November...not sure if that was supposed to be the good batch or not.