Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

so i get back from a week of business travel.  Sit down to play my 360 and got the 3 rings of death.  Called MS up and they'll replace it bc i have the extended warranty.  All the problems started with Dead Rising, and supposedly Capcom and MS are covering up that software is crashing the xbox  ::)  I just want my system back in a week. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

TexasEagle

Anyone play the Metal Gear Solid series? I got MGS 3 (as part of a buy 2 get 1 free sale at TRU a couple weeks back) and it seems like it's just a big sneak and hide game. Can anyone tell me how it plays? I only played long enough to get knocked into a swamp by a crocodile and die.

I was looking at GOW at Target and thought about buying it but didn't know if it was any good. The positive feedback here has swayed me. Too bad it wasn't at TRU for the sale (their selection sucked though, I did get SOCOM III and X-Men Legends II also) I would have taken a flier on it.

Feva

Quote from: TexasEagle on October 21, 2006, 01:45:18 PM
Anyone play the Metal Gear Solid series? I got MGS 3 (as part of a buy 2 get 1 free sale at TRU a couple weeks back) and it seems like it's just a big sneak and hide game. Can anyone tell me how it plays? I only played long enough to get knocked into a swamp by a crocodile and die.

I was looking at GOW at Target and thought about buying it but didn't know if it was any good. The positive feedback here has swayed me. Too bad it wasn't at TRU for the sale (their selection sucked though, I did get SOCOM III and X-Men Legends II also) I would have taken a flier on it.

The Metal Gear Series (2 and 3) for the PS2 and GOW... right at the top of what PS2 has to offer.  The only thing I would recommend is playing (at least) MGS2 before you go through MGS3.  It's not a necessity, but it will probably help you understand what's going on a lot more and make the overall experience better.  Even if you don't you'll still love it once you get the hang of things.

Here's a MGS3 Review

As for GOW... don't take this personally, but YOUR A FARGING IDIOT for not picking that game up.  Even if it wasn't on sale, it's easily worth the original price of $49.99.  Plain and simple, you need to get it as soon as you can.

Here's a God Of War Review

IMHO, you'll have a hard time finding games any better than these two.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

Quote from: EagleFeva on October 21, 2006, 04:08:09 PM

As for GOW... don't take this personally, but YOUR A FARGING IDIOT for not picking that game up. 

and  Feva says he doesnt get any kickbacks from GOW sales......   :deion   :-D

Feva

I do kinda sound like a salesman or some shtein, huh?  :paranoid

That game is the shtein though.  :yay
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

TexasEagle

They didn't have GOW at the store when I was there. I'll pick it up at Target or something for the $19.99 price.

Thanks for the review links. :yay

SunMo

i was playing GOW for 3 hours a night, for like 2 weeks straight, then i hit this wall.  that was 2 months ago and i haven't even looked at it since.  it's really weird, because it's a great game, but i played myself sick of it apparantly.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

SunMo

no...i'm stuck in that maze, where you have to kill every single thing in there. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Did you kill the two or three soldiers just behind the sliding rock battering ram thingy at the end?  Took me a while to find those guys.

moats23

Quote from: FFatPatt on September 26, 2006, 08:23:13 PM
This snugglefest has gone too far.  Stop being so nice.

I miss moats23.

no worries my ffat friend.  I am always around !!
your 24 hours a day, 6 days a week source for everything moats-centric

mussa

yea apparently x-box 360 only comes with a 3 month warranty. my buddies took a shtein month 4 naturally, he had to pay for a refurbished one to be sent to him. now that one doesn't work. he's pissed and microsoft won't do shtein for him. so if you plan on buying any of these systems, I'd look into extended warranties. To me this is an outrage. Anything that costs 400 and up should have at least a 1 yr warranty. thats almost a crime, especially when the company is aware of the problems. buyer beware!

ive picked up grand theft san andreas after not playing it for sometime. its better than crack.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

I'm on the brink of buying a 360.  I suppose I ought to do some research into the quality problems you folks are talking about.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Dio, just buy a warranty at bestbuy/gamestop or wherever you purchase it.  Microsoft offers their own warranty for 60 bucks, that what i have.  Getting a store warranty might allow you to just swap it out, rather than ship it back for repair. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MURP

EB games has a buy 2 used games get 1 free deal going on now.  Dont know if that is just at the store I saw or if it is all over.    picked up HitMan: Blood Money,  Gun, and MLB06 The Show.     

Just got to Hades in GOW.  this game is sick!