Dead In 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 01, 2020, 04:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Bob Gibson dead at 84

One of my favorite pitchers to watch throw. Obviously never saw him in his playing days but loved seeing the old footage.

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 02, 2020, 10:56:36 PM
Bob Gibson dead at 84

One of my favorite pitchers to watch throw. Obviously never saw him in his playing days but loved seeing the old footage.

Met him at a card show 30 years ago. Thought he was already dead

Rome

Gibson started 482 games in his career.  He completed 255 of them.  His 1.12 ERA in 1968 was astounding but his 13 shutouts was even more impressive.  Think about that.  13 shutouts.  My god.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on October 04, 2020, 06:19:00 AM
Gibson started 482 games in his career.  He completed 255 of them.  His 1.12 ERA in 1968 was astounding but his 13 shutouts was even more impressive.  Think about that.  13 shutouts.  My god.

more impressive was in 68 he made 35 starts and was never pulled from a game other than to be pinch hit for
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 06, 2020, 08:00:11 PM
Quote from: Rome on October 04, 2020, 06:19:00 AM

more impressive was in 68 he made 35 starts and was never pulled from a game other than to be pinch hit for

My dad used to tell me stories about watching him at Connie Mack.  The reverence he spoke with about Gibson was something else.  I'm sorry I missed out on his prime.  I would have loved to have seen him in person. 

Geowhizzer

phattymatty

wow I thought bob Gibson died like before I was born.

phattymatty

Kim Batiste.  Probably the last time I really enjoyed a baseball team.

PhillyPhreak54

Crazy to hear that news today. Just yesterday I watched a clip of him being interviews after his GM1 NLCS walkoff and googled him to see if he was still in baseball coaching or whatever.

QB Eagles

The baseball deaths continue with Whitey Ford. Another dude who I thought croaked sometime around 1992.

PhillyPhreak54

baseball continues to lose guys

Joe Morgan has died

Diomedes

None of whose names most anyone under 40 has ever heard.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 12, 2020, 10:49:51 AM
baseball continues to lose guys

Joe Morgan has died

great announcer...one of my great childhood memories was watching TWIB then the national game with joe
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

Every kid my age did the Joe Morgan arm snap.