2008 Olympics

Started by Diomedes, July 06, 2008, 10:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Seabiscuit36

looks fake, and if it isnt, good for him.  His life was not much of one, now he gets to enjoy it for a while.  He said he was taking two years off, why not take bong hits all day, and bang hos
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

I can't imagine why anyone cares.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

QB Eagles

Quote from: rjs246 on February 01, 2009, 11:45:38 AM
I can't imagine why anyone cares.

I think the rule is ridiculous, but there's a four-year ban on international competition if you get busted smoking weed.

ice grillin you

no chance they apply that rule to phelps...hes to important to the games...he could get busted like balky in true romance and he will still be in the '12 olympics
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Phelps acknowledges photo of him smoking pot

QuotePhelps acknowledges photo of him smoking potby Tim Perone, New York Post

Olympic hero and 14-time gold medalist Michael Phelps has been caught cradling a glass bong — a scene so potentially damaging to his career that his representatives allegedly tried to buy off the British newspaper News Of The World in an attempt to kill the story, the paper reports.

The winner of a record eight gold medals last summer in Beijing was spotted knocking back shots and chugging beers at a house party at the University of South Carolina in Columbia on Nov. 6, when a partygoer handed him the water pipe etched with red writing.

Michael Phelps "knew exactly what to do" with the bong, a witness said. (NEWS OF THE WORLD / FOXSports.com)

"He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do," a witness said of the swimming superstar, who was in town visiting a gal pal and South Carolina coed.

"He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits."

In a statement released Sunday to The Associated Press, Phelps conceded the authenticity of the exclusive picture published Sunday by the News of the World.

Phelps said: "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

The report in the British tabloid allegedly made Phelps' handlers so paranoid that they offered the paper an eye-popping deal to keep it from seeing the light of day — having Phelps pen a column for the paper for three years.

His camp also allegedly offered to host parties for the tabloid and push his sponsors to advertise with them.

"It's seeing if something potentially very negative for Michael could turn into something very positive for the News of the World," his spokesman, Clifford Bloxham, told the paper.

The scandal could be a major buzz kill for Phelps, whose agent, Peter Carlisle, has said Phelps could bag up to $100 million in endorsements.

The world-record holder's deals with Visa, PowerBar, AT&T Wireless and Speedo may all be in jeopardy.

During the two-day stay, the normally reserved Phelps was spotted partying hard with a flock of females.

"He arrived with a group of girls hanging all over him. Every girl wanted a piece of him and every guy wanted to be his best buddy," the student told the paper.

"He couldn't get enough of all the attention."

This isn't the first scandal for the golden boy, who was arrested in 2004 for driving under the influence near his home in suburban Baltimore, when he was 19. He was sentenced to 18 months probation and fined $250.

Phelps' spokesman did not return repeated requests for comment.

ice grillin you

Michael Phelps "knew exactly what to do" with the bong, a witness said. (NEWS OF THE WORLD / FOXSports.com)

"He grabbed the bong and a lighter and knew exactly what to do," a witness said of the swimming superstar, who was in town visiting a gal pal and South Carolina coed.

"He looked just as natural with a bong in his hands as he does swimming in the pool. He was the gold medal winner of bong hits."

i hope the person who supplied these quotes dies a slow painful death....god human beings are pieces of shtein
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

you see quotes like that all the time. they are re written by the interviewer. basically theyll say was it the gold medal of bong hits and the guy will repeat it.

its what you see in tabloid journalism, and thats why only idiots read that garbage
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Im an even bigger fan of Phelps now.  Seriously, its farging pot?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

Fast Times at Ridgemont High was just on

"doesn't that stuff cause brain damage?"

"Yeah but only if you do it like every day for a month"

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, apparently the sheriff down there has charged 8 people and is still heavily weighing the options to go after Phelps, even though the governor said that he's not sure what they have to gain by prosecuting.

Yay!  Wasting resources to fight marijuana!

Seth Meyers said it best on SNL: "You had a chance to party with 12-time Olympic Gold medalist Michael Phelps, but instead you snapped a picture and sold it to a tabloid?  Really?"

Seabiscuit36

Seth Myers..Really  Myers was so on point with this one.  I wish Obama would come come out and just Decriminalize the chronic as he's supported in the past.  Its BS these kids got arrested, not to mention because one kid tried to sell his binger on ebay and didnt clean it out