2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

sept 21....1er, 2h, 1ip
sept 25....3er, 3h, 2bb .1ip
sept 27....1ip
oct 2.....1bb, 0.2ip
oct 4.....0.1ip

hes getting there but he aint there yet. notice how manuel is using him in really specific roles in this series? like hes not getting the 8th or 7th to himself. charlie is doing it by the matchup.

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 05, 2011, 12:03:28 AM
I thought ODB was fine tonight? He got his guy out, no?

thats kind of the point....hes a loogy not an 8th inning shut down guy as he looked earlier this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Except since he had that talk with Baez and changed up things, he's been more of the first half of the season pitcher than the last stretch of the season pitcher.

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

yeah, i would've given tony b another batter instead of going right to lidge.

the book is known on lidge, spit on the fastball, look slider, if he can't get the slider over then you can walk.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 05, 2011, 08:18:51 AM
Except since he had that talk with Baez and changed up things, he's been more of the first half of the season pitcher than the last stretch of the season pitcher.

hes faced three meaningful batters since the baez talk...im not ready to annoint him lock down again...but my main point is that hes still only facing a batter or two at a time....hes not pitching full innings

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 05, 2011, 08:34:14 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 05, 2011, 08:18:51 AM

hes faced three meaningful batters since the baez talk...im not ready to annoint him lock down again...but my main point is that hes still only facing a batter or two at a time....hes not pitching full innings

I'm not either, but until he blows it, I'm not willing to write him off as unusable.

ice grillin you

oh you cant write him off...hes all they got outside of madson...plus its not like the four aces are going 8 or 9 every game like everyone thought...two of their three starts havent made it past the 6th

phillycrew

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 04, 2011, 10:30:31 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20111004_Deja_two__Key_doubleplay_a_throwback.html

QuoteAs it turns out, the Matt Stairs parallels go beyond Ben Francisco's pinch-hit home run. Because the same night Stairs hit his home run in the NLCS at Dodger Stadium in 2008, Chase Utley also pulled off a spectacular, run-saving doubleplay. It was just as he did Tuesday night in the Phillies' 3-2 win over the Cardinals.

Then as now, Ryan Madson was the pitcher.

Then as now, Rafael Furcal was the runner who was out at second base.

Then as now, Utley saved a precarious situation with his glove.

Grit just being Grit.  Hamels is the man.  I think the players really respond to the confidence Charlie has in them.  Who would have thought that Charlie out coached living legend Larussa.

phillymic2000

Quote from: FastFreddie on October 04, 2011, 09:22:27 PM
ZwR:

QuoteTo eff with LaRussa further, Phils should go Wide 9 next game and play every defender on the foul line

:-D

phillymic2000

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7060890/cardinals-waste-chances-game-3

Cry me the mississippi you big baby. Maybe the architects should have thought of that when building it. Plus the opposing teams deal withthe same shadows.  :flipoff

ice grillin you

the irony is that the guy complaining had four hits....how really tough were the shadows?

Rome

PhillyGirl

I guess those shadows were only affecting the Cards? It is their homefield, farg them.