2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

you WANT a world series but if they dont get it two minutes after elimination youll be saying what a great year this was and start listing the reasons as to why they can win next year....i NEED a world series or my life might literally be over....and no none of you can have my eagle tickets
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 10:48:02 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2011, 10:45:15 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2011, 10:38:14 PM
all these pissant beat writers also hate conlin and try to make a name off him...there really is no such thing as beat writers anymore...because papers have no money they pay this trash like 18k a year to twitter....how else are they gonna make a name...it certainly isnt by breaking their own story...its gonna be by tweeting something false or going after the king

but im sure lamar just woke up that morning and felt like leaving the best team in the majors and giving up on world championship and riding in a parade because he doesnt like cheesesteaks...

I wonder how much they pay the beat writers?

Todd- any idea?

95% of beat writers these days are one bad break away from covering girls high school soccer in brownsville texas....it why on the surface youd think the lil guys choice of career would be a joke since hes half illiterate but in reality he has a chance because if the price is right they will higher a labradoodle to cover a team these days

its obviously dependent on market and writer but anywhere from high 30's to mid 50's

someone like gelb is prob on the low end while salisbury is solidly in the 50's, maybe even 60's since he also does tv work.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Whatever they get paid it's too much.  Most of them are talentless imbeciles.

Nice win again by the Phils.  Jesus they're just ridiculous right now.

Geowhizzer

It was good hustle by Ibanez on the double.  Hart did a good job keeping the ball in front of him, and by rights and Ibanez' speed it should have been a single, but Rauuuuuuuuuuuul read it perfectly.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2011, 10:56:32 PM
all these pissant beat writers also hate conlin and try to make a name off him...there really is no such thing as beat writers anymore...because papers have no money they pay this trash like 18k a year to twitter....how else are they gonna make a name...it certainly isnt by breaking their own story...its gonna be by tweeting something false or going after the king

but im sure lamar just woke up that morning and felt like leaving the best team in the majors and giving up on world championship and riding in a parade because he doesnt like cheesesteaks...

Todd- any idea?

95% of beat writers these days are one bad break away from covering girls high school soccer in brownsville texas....it why on the surface youd think the lil guys choice of career would be a joke since hes half illiterate but in reality he has a chance because if the price is right they will higher a labradoodle to cover a team these days

its obviously dependent on market and writer but anywhere from high 30's to mid 50's

someone like gelb is prob on the low end while salisbury is solidly in the 50's, maybe even 60's since he also does tv work.

Jeez- really? Thats it even for a higher end guy?

MDS

havent i been clear that its a terrible profession? the hours suck, the pay sucks, the industry is crumbling. its terrible.

but i honestly have no other talents and am barely good enough to do this so what are my other options. oh, suicide. not yet. the entourage finale is tomorrow.

someone like simmons probably makes over a mil, espn people rake it in since they do print and web. there is money to be made in this job its just few and far between. however we do get paid to watch sports for a living, for me thats small mexicans playing football, but sports nonetheless.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2011, 11:17:38 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2011, 10:56:32 PM

Todd- any idea?

Jeez- really? Thats it even for a higher end guy?

Might as well be a teacher.

MDS

we both deal with spoiled children, thing is yours are ACTUAL children

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2011, 11:19:54 PM
havent i been clear that its a terrible profession? the hours suck, the pay sucks, the industry is crumbling. its terrible.

but i honestly have no other talents and am barely good enough to do this so what are my other options. oh, suicide. not yet. the entourage finale is tomorrow.

someone like simmons probably makes over a mil, espn people rake it in since they do print and web. there is money to be made in this job its just few and far between. however we do get paid to watch sports for a living, for me thats small mexicans playing football, but sports nonetheless.

Yeah I know its crumbling and all but I was under the impression that the guys like Salisbury and Zolecki were closer to the 80's or higher.

Geo - I don't know how you do it, man. I'd lose my shtein really quick dealing with all those snotnose punks and their parents

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2011, 11:28:20 PM
Yeah I know its crumbling and all but I was under the impression that the guys like Salisbury and Zolecki were closer to the 80's or higher.

do you really think the lil guy has even an inkling of what jim salisbury makes....the answer is he doesnt

MDS

it depends on his tv/print contract but 50's or 60's is about right

i work in this industry dont you think i know a thing or two

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2011, 11:40:30 PM
i work in this industry

youve said some funny stuff but this takes the cake....lol @ the industry

MDS

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm going to comment on this in the "Sports Media" thread where it belongs, but Worley's getting to 12-1 today - BELEEDAT

Hawk

Worley just gave up the lead in the 7th.  Did everyone forget about this game?