2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Don Ho

Keep Worley.  basticho Beast!  Send Oswalt home.  Pray for fatty.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

lol @ havas

this shtein is too easy

p.s. thats 5-2 vs. boston, toronto and now florida minus 2 starters and with 2 relief pitchers
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 04, 2011, 09:05:02 PM
lol @ havas

this shtein is too easy

p.s. thats 5-2 vs. boston, toronto and now florida minus 2 starters and with 2 relief pitchers

ill take four wins in the world series....you can have july 2 of 3 series
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 04, 2011, 09:06:28 PM
worley is the new happ

Works as the 4th starter

And I'm starting to buy into the basticho as the new full time closer idea. Farg Madson, his funholey wife, and his farg stick of an agent.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 04, 2011, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: MDS on July 04, 2011, 09:05:02 PM
lol @ havas

this shtein is too easy

ill take four wins in the world series....you can have july 2 of 3 series

wont we all. but they physically cannot win the world series right now. so we have this.

and the better worley pitches the more likely it is they can package him some kind of crazy deal to get houston j's hunter pence or something insane like matt kemp. i mean i know its far fetched but this is the time to dream, kids.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyGirl

Why is the AP article saying Brown was tagged out at home? I thought the replays showed he was clearly safe?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

QuoteVance Worley was optioned to Triple-A Lehigh Valley after the game. Don't panic: he'll be back after All-Star break. They simply do not need him until then, and they want to keep him on regular turn. (He'll start Saturday for Pigs).
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on July 04, 2011, 09:45:05 PM
Why is the AP article saying Brown was tagged out at home? I thought the replays showed he was clearly safe?

he beat the play but his front leg kick the ground as opposed to touching the plate. his back leg caught the plate after the tag. but on a play like that the runner is always going to get the benefit of the doubt, impossible to see all that full speed.

Rome

His foot beat the tag by a mile.  There's no way Bunny Eyes could have called him anything but safe even though HOF's foot missed the plate itself.

Geowhizzer

Watched the game on my cell phone from a lawn chair along the Kennebec River in Bath, Maine.

Gotta love modern technology.

PhillyPhreak54

How many times were you tempted to hurl the phone into the river?

I listened to most of it on the radio while grilling the food. It was a nostalgic moment and made me feel like a kid again...all that was missing was Whitey, Harry and my Pops.

Don Ho

Watched the first 5 innings, ran to a beach about ten minutes from my house for a quick bodysurfing session.  Water was great but the surf sucked.  Actually made it home for the ninth inning.  That was a classic shot of the crowd rising to their feet with two out in the bottom of the ninth and seeing all that red in Miami.  That was so cool.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.