2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on June 15, 2011, 08:59:30 PM
You guys are listening to Jessica Alba's screams of passion compared to the icehole Marlin PBP idiot.

Amen to that. 

Quote from: Don Ho on June 15, 2011, 09:09:29 PM
Is Tommy Hutton still part of the Marlins crew? 

Yeah, he's still there.  Mainly, he's just a shill for the Marlins, but somehow has seemed to develop a hatred for the Phils.  Maybe those twins he and Dick Ruthven shared poisoned his psyche.

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 15, 2011, 09:26:27 PM
Yeah, he's still there.  Mainly, he's just a shill for the Marlins, but somehow has seemed to develop a hatred for the Phils.  Maybe those twins he and Dick Ruthven shared poisoned his psyche.

you clearly didnt watch last nights game...it was a three hour informercial promoting the phillies their fans and the city
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 15, 2011, 09:26:25 PM
no way...you clearly didnt listen to dibble that much...or more than likely got but hurt because you thought he hated the phillies...he basically was exactly like larry anderson but on steroids...hed cheer if his team did something good and the next inning hed be calling their all world young pitcher a Hoyda for coming out of the game with elbow soreness (by the way that pitcher needed tommy john and dibble got fired for the comment) 

definitely exactly like wheels

so instead of being an annoying corporate shill he was a dumbass who reacted like an idiot, uneducated fan instead of an informed, thought-provoking analyst.

so the exact opposite of wheeler.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i dont know how much you know about LA but if you do then imagine him but even more drunk...that was dibble...and of course the great thing about dibble is that he was on tv rather than radio

Rome

It's a shame Dibble got the boot.  He was a trainwreck in the booth.  Completely self-destructive in every way.    I enjoyed listening to him just to hear who he'd criticize next.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on June 15, 2011, 09:31:51 PM
It's a shame Dibble got the boot.  He was a trainwreck in the booth.  Completely self-destructive in every way.    I enjoyed listening to him just to hear who he'd criticize next.

exactly...couldnt have said it better

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 15, 2011, 09:28:00 PM

you clearly didnt watch last nights game...it was a three hour informercial promoting the phillies their fans and the city

OH MY GOSH HE TALKED ABOUT CHEESESTEAKS!  I've been stuck listening to these guys every time the Phils play the Marlins, as the Phils' feed gets blacked out whenever the Phils play the Marlins.   I actually mute the sounds sometimes.  The only ones worse than these guys were the Braves under Pete Van Wieren and Skip Caray.

Rome

They riffed about the Ford Fiesta giveaway for at least 10 minutes tonight.

They're almost as unbearable as watching Raul Ibanez flail away at-bat and in the field.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

yea i couldnt stand dibble. just an irritating fat shtein. we disagree. ill get over it.

but what i wont get over is raul ibanez. yikes this aint good.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 15, 2011, 09:39:05 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on June 15, 2011, 09:28:00 PM

OH MY GOSH HE TALKED ABOUT CHEESESTEAKS!  I've been stuck listening to these guys every time the Phils play the Marlins, as the Phils' feed gets blacked out whenever the Phils play the Marlins.   I actually mute the sounds sometimes.  The only ones worse than these guys were the Braves under Pete Van Wieren and Skip Caray.

because your a phillies fan you think you automatically gotta hate your local announcers when they play them....thats natural....as i said they arent very good announcers but there are a ton worse and they dont even come close to having to be muted

the fact that you wont mute the tv when the phils announcers are on but you will the marlins or braves says everything

Rome

Why is this even an argument.  Geo & I are forced to listen to these assclowns a minimum of 18 times a season.  You watch them, what, once or twice if you're in Florida?

THEY ARE AWFUL.

Their broadcasts are amateurish to the point of embarrassment.  I mean, Miami is a major city and they have guys who'd be better off announcing girls high school field hockey in Brownsville (no offense).

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.