2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

theyve been a .500 team for a full month now....thats not overreaction
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 07, 2011, 07:55:01 PM
Your overreaction every game is equal to that of a girl's overreaction to everything.

How many farging times do I have to explain this;

It's not overreacting. It's commenting and being frustrated at what I see. I'd say the same shtein as I sit here or if I was at the park. And it's not said angrily or anything like that.

Doesn't make me less of a fan. If you're happy with them looking like a bag of shtein - good for you

PhillyGirl

Now I remember why I wasn't posting on this thread. Un.Bear.A.Ble.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

yea this is a bad 2 innings. offense, defense, pitching. all bad.

there ya go. season over.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

No one said season over. It's a farging game thread. It's reactions based on games and what's going on right now. God forfargingbid that it's not sunshine and lollipops.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 07, 2011, 07:58:23 PM
Now I remember why I wasn't posting on this thread. Un.Bear.A.Ble.

its not as bad here as it is on like the philly.com comments or thefightins or something, but basically people are acting like its football and every game is do or die. then you look at the standings and see how theyre doing and all of a sudden you come to realize that the fans have come red sox and yankees fan, who pull the woe is me the world is ending act when things dont go their way.

@ J i watch every game so its not like im not in this class but not everything that happens needs a reaction, its like someone is running a 5 mile race and at the end of the 1st mile they are leading but lose .4 seconds of their lead and then you scream and holler and freak out and its just like...umm there are 4 miles left and im in the lead. calm it down.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

j is an enigma wrapped inside of a riddle....a huge eagle homer yet the team whose fanbase consists of 95% insufferable homers hes on the good side

MDS

'the good side' is over reacting to everything and anything?

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 07, 2011, 07:57:33 PM

June 2008:  12-14

I'm not saying you have to be satisfied with their play, and I agree that, as constituted they have a lessened shot at a championship (my kingdom for a RH OF with power), but to use a month to prove their inability to win is overkill.

Also, though they have been .500 in a calendar month, they have managed to increase their lead in that same span by one game.  So, unless you actually expect them to play at .500 for the rest of the regular season, they should be able to hold onto the division lead the rest of the way.  It's the playoffs I am worried about.

MDS

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 07, 2011, 08:14:15 PM

June 2008:  12-14

I'm not saying you have to be satisfied with their play, and I agree that, as constituted they have a lessened shot at a championship (my kingdom for a RH OF with power), but to use a month to prove their inability to win is overkill.

Also, though they have been .500 in a calendar month, they have managed to increase their lead in that same span by one game.  So, unless you actually expect them to play at .500 for the rest of the regular season, they should be able to hold onto the division lead the rest of the way.  It's the playoffs I am worried about.

completely different teams...that team was expected to have months like that because the offense would tend to go into bad slumps...now you dont have to win every game obviously but this team with this staff should never ever have a streak like this and the fact that they are is very troubling....this offense is downright putrid unlike 2008 and will ultimately be the downfall (that and the pitching will be good but not as good as it needs to be)...what you will have in the playoffs is games like tonight where they have the pitching matchup advantage but ultimately lose the game...and in fact they will never have this kind of matchup advantage in the playoffs

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 07, 2011, 08:14:15 PM
It's the playoffs I am worried about.

This and that.  This continued production of 5, 6 hits a game is concerning.  An offensive eruption once every two weeks is going to bite them in the ass before to long.

And Vic's continued decay of brain matter is beyond comprehension.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Don Ho

5 farging hits. 

Braves get 2 hits and win 1-0 over the Marlins.