2011 Philadelphia Phillies Season Thread (choking awful pos team, DIAF)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2011, 07:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: Don Ho on April 24, 2011, 04:34:43 AM
Thank you Munson! Todd just hovers around like a vulture waiting for one of us to say one negative thing.

This just in - The CONCRETEBOARD is a place for fans to express their opinions.  When they're playing like shtein we're going let the criticism fly. 

Todd, I'm old enough to remember the real zesty days.  I mean really zesty.  A little sounding off never hurt anyone.  What I would have given for a place like this back then.  Not a whole lot of Philly fans out this way so I for one really enjoy everyone on this board. 

its not that you bitch when they are playing zesty. you bitch about every bad play ever.  you meaning you, phreak, etc.

they could have a 10 run innning, and you'd bitch about the guy making the 3rd out.  there's 162 games, 1500+ innings, and 600+ ABs per player.  they aren't all going to be wonderful. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

So, basically DonHo, don't talk play by play in the only Phillies thread available for play by play on CF. Saying "damn victorino why swing at that" means you are bitching, and not appreciative of any of the positive plays that came before hand.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Sgt PSN

What Sunny is saying is akin to not bitching about a McNabb worm burner on the play following a 25 yd completion. I don't see how calling a guy out on a bad ab or an error in the field isn't ok.  Getting all doom and gloom about 1 loss out of 162 is dumb but that doesn't mean that the team can't be criticized for poor play.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

SunMo

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 24, 2011, 02:09:46 PM
What Sunny is saying is akin to not bitching about a McNabb worm burner on the play following a 25 yd completion.

i would think that was stupid as well.  i mean, if you know sports you know that good plays and bad plays happen.  getting crazy about bad plays is just stupid.

i mean, people watch sports how they watch, but when you are putting your thoughts out in the public, expect them be commented on.  if i was at a bar and somebody was acting the way half of you do here, i'd tell you to shut the farg up there too
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

I don't think dropping a couple curse words or saying "what a bad pitch to swing at" is  "getting crazy" about it.

I'm pretty sure when Phreak says "what the farg are you doing Howard?" he's not thrashing in his seat at home breaking shtein. He's muttering out of the side of his mouth.

The people coming here to complain about what other people say about the game are infinitely worse because they're not even talking about the game. It's the Phillies game, people are going to talk about the Phillies, get the farg over it.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on April 24, 2011, 02:18:12 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 24, 2011, 02:09:46 PM
What Sunny is saying is akin to not bitching about a McNabb worm burner on the play following a 25 yd completion.

i would think that was stupid as well.  i mean, if you know sports you know that good plays and bad plays happen.  getting crazy about bad plays is just stupid.

i mean, people watch sports how they watch, but when you are putting your thoughts out in the public, expect them be commented on.  if i was at a bar and somebody was acting the way half of you do here, i'd tell you to shut the farg up there too

believe me they are acting up for some quasi attention from other nerds

if they act that way in public someone would have punched them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

This board grows more and more tedious with each passing day.  Christ - now we're not allowed to bitch and complain when something goes wrong during a game?  Really??

MDS

you can do whatever you want

but if youre gonna cry over every loss and every out then disappear when they actually play well, youre gonna get called on it.

and also lets remember that mark portugal isnt the ace anymore and rico brogna isnt hitting 4th anymore. have a little confidence and stop queefing over every little thing that goes wrong.

Munson

Quote from: MDS on April 24, 2011, 03:02:14 PM
you can do whatever you want

but if youre gonna cry over every loss and every out then disappear when they actually play well, youre gonna get called on it.

and also lets remember that mark portugal isnt the ace anymore and rico brogna isnt hitting 4th anymore. have a little confidence and stop queefing over every little thing that goes wrong.

the only one that does that here is IGY. Phreak and DonHo are usually around all game when they're here.

Rome

Munson

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.