Rollar Coasters

Started by mikey418, August 17, 2005, 09:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey418

So I went to Great Adventure this past Sunday to ride the Kingda Ka....the tallest, fastest rollar coaster in the world.  We got to the park at 10am and immediately got in line.  However, they didn't open the ride until 11am since at 10am they had to 'test' it.  So this raised a few questions in my head.  Why don't they ever "test" before the park opens so that when it opens, the rides are ready for the paying customers?  Also, if the ride isn't open, why let people stand in line?

We waited close to 2 hrs in the sun on Sunday before we got on...the ride lasted 50 seconds.  However, it was well worth it.  Being shot up to 127 mph in like 3 seconds is definitely a rush...and then going 450+ ft straight up and then straight down adds to it.  It took the hair tie out of my gf's hair.  But how long is too long to wait for a ride?

I'll be venturing to Cedar Point in Ohio this weekend to partake in their coasters.  And one more thing, wearing bathing suits to amusement parks should be banned for 'large' people.  However, girls with white shirts that ride water rides are welcomed and encouraged  ;D
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

Zanshin

Because you were standing in the wrong line.  You should have been in the Roller Coaster line.  The Rollar Coaster line is a sham.

Yeti

Because you were standing in the wrong line.  You should have been in the Roller Coaster line.  The Rollar Coaster line is a sham.

It's pronounced "Rolla"
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Zanshin

MURP

rjs246

Fat and ugly people should be banned from public places, including amusement parks. Of course then all of the amusement parks would go out of business but it would be a small price to pay for the overall improvement of our lives.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ParkingLotFlagDude

What's that picture?  A recent  :CF member outing?    :-D

I am trying to match certain characters here with the faces in that pic.
Then I saw you doing sit-ups in front of a mall.  My dad told me that it was your house.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The wife and I were chatting the other night about political correctness when it comes to fat lards.  At this point, obesity kills more people than smoking.  While smoking can cause more direct and obvious problems for people around it, the sight pollution and odor of fat people is equally mood-killing.

We're considering opening a restaurant that has a nice cross-section of healthy foods and maybe-not-so-healthy tasty foods, but instead of splitting the customers into "smoking" and "non-smoking", we'll split it into "fat" and "not fat".  The fat people will only get the healthy menu and will be forbidden from ordering fatty foods.  Fit, lean people can sit with the fatties, taunting them if they like, and ordering off the regular menu.

Why someone hasn't thought of this yet, I'll never know.  Time to take the first crack at the obesity epidemic in America.

Yeti

I was laughing at that picture and I told my buddy "Check this out"
He says "farg you" and leaves my office.

I forgot I showed him the dancing clown girl video yesterday.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Yeti on August 17, 2005, 10:49:57 AM
He says "farg you" and leaves my office.

I forgot I showed him the dancing clown girl video yesterday.

That's farging hilarious.  Good thing you're retiring.

JTrotter Fan

Quote from: rjs246 on August 17, 2005, 10:41:36 AM
Fat and ugly people should be banned from public places, including amusement parks. Of course then all of the amusement parks would go out of business but it would be a small price to pay for the overall improvement of our lives.

You really ought to go live in the mountains somewhere.  That way, you wouldn't have to deal with anyone and noone would have to deal with your miserable life.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

rjs246

Quote from: The Waco Kid on August 17, 2005, 12:43:52 PM
You really ought to go live in the mountains somewhere.  That way, you wouldn't have to deal with anyone and noone would have to deal with your miserable life.

Wow, you must be fat AND ugly. And I'm not just talking, "I haven't been to the gym in a while" fat and ugly, I'm talking about full blown, hide the children, leper-colony ugly. Add in the lack of sense of humor and your screamingly obvious stupidity and you're hitting for the cycle. Oh, but I forgot, you've been on the message board for a long time* so I guess your opinion means something, no matter how boring or uptight.

QuoteDate Registered:     April 30, 2005, 06:36:33 PM
(Four months is a long time.)

Let them eat bootstraps.

JTrotter Fan

Why don't you go back to June of 2001 pal.  Yeah...i had a different name then.

The problem is...you never have a real answer for anything.  It's always busting on someone or talkin smack...i've never seen a real post from you since the very beginning.  That's the problem i have.  Your posts are useless.
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

rjs246

So what are you saying? That you're fat and ugly?

Let them eat bootstraps.

JTrotter Fan

Come to Texas and i'll show you how fat and ugly I am.  You can ride out on the street with me while i'm chasing guys like you for committing crimes and running them down.