FIRE HOWIE ROSEMAN!

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

QuoteWith McNabb, I think [Roseman's] trying to be too smart for his own good.

Perfect fit for the Eagles. I'm assuming - since you never farging know with this team - that they're letting Roseman do the trade and f/a negotiations while Reid has the final say on any deal. The one attribute I liked about Heckert was he seemed like a pretty decent guy, not some smug jew.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Dalton on March 31, 2010, 09:13:08 AM

Perfect fit for the Eagles. I'm assuming - since you never farging know with this team - that they're letting Roseman do the trade and f/a negotiations while Reid has the final say on any deal. The one attribute I liked about Heckert was he seemed like a pretty decent guy, not some smug jew.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Quote"That's where I think ego gets in the way," the GM said. "Quite a few teams are quickly realizing that they don't want to do business with Philly. With McNabb, I think [Roseman's] trying to be too smart for his own good. Instead of trying to put a feather in his cap by walking way with a lopsided trade, which you rarely get in this league, he should try to get a legitimate deal done. In the long run, you don't want to be known as the guy who wants to bamboozle people. I think they're being unrealistic, and it's putting them in a funky spot."

cant  believe you bolded this. actually any of it. this shtein reads like a People/Star magazine article my wife reads. One gm said, a team source said, a person speaking of anonymity.... cmon man.

smeags

Quote from: Dalton on March 31, 2010, 09:13:08 AM

easy there mel.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on March 31, 2010, 09:17:23 AM
Quote"That's where I think ego gets in the way," the GM said. "Quite a few teams are quickly realizing that they don't want to do business with Philly. With McNabb, I think [Roseman's] trying to be too smart for his own good. Instead of trying to put a feather in his cap by walking way with a lopsided trade, which you rarely get in this league, he should try to get a legitimate deal done. In the long run, you don't want to be known as the guy who wants to bamboozle people. I think they're being unrealistic, and it's putting them in a funky spot."

cant  believe you bolded this. actually any of it. this shtein reads like a People/Star magazine article my wife reads. One gm said, a team source said, a person speaking of anonymity.... cmon man.

could you know any less about journalism...try reading the waspo ny times or even sports illustrated...all the presidents men is a journalism for dummies good start as well

or if you only believe in attributable quotes maybe dont ever read anything again...thats not how it works

not to mention im assuming you have no idea who michael silver is

Michael Silver, a senior writer for Sports Illustrated, joined the magazine in November 1994. He is one of SI's lead pro football writers, having authored the magazine's past 12 Super Bowl game stories. He also regularly pens in-depth profiles of some of the most intriguing characters in sports. He has bonded with subjects ranging from NBA bad boy Dennis Rodman to NFL choirboy Kurt Warner, co-authoring books with each. He has also hit the town with tennis vixen Anna Kournikova, rap legend Luke Campbell and heartthrob quarterback Tom Brady, among others. He is believed to be the first outside sports journalist to have entered New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, accompanying Saints running back Deuce McAllister into the heart of the city for a story on the team's displacement in the wake of the disaster.

Silver's first book, "Rice," with NFL receiving great Jerry Rice, came out in 1996, followed by collaborations with Rodman ("Walk on the Wild Side") and Warner ("All Things Possible"). His latest work, "Golden Girl," (Rodale Press, 2006) details the arduous journey of 2004 Olympic swimming champion Natalie Coughlin. He has also written articles for Rolling Stone and GQ.

Prior to joining the magazine, Silver was a sports writer and columnist for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, where he covered the 49ers and Golden State Warriors from 1990-94. He also covered the 49ers for the Sacramento Union and served as a correspondent for Pro Football Weekly and The Sporting News. Silver, who lists pro football, pro basketball, tennis and college softball as his favorite sports to cover, has received numerous writing awards from several organizations, including the Pro Football Writers of America, the Associated Press Sports Editors and the Pro Basketball Writers of America.

reese125

I dont care if hes stephen king...unnecessary to bold that. and I cant believe you just gave me his bio

ice grillin you

peter king genius

and im just trying to drop jewels on the dome....but per usual i see its of no use...if you dont wanna believe anything you read unless every single item in the article names a source than so be it...thats your perogative

but like i said dont expect to read much journalistic writing in the future

PhillyGirl

That column is just one of a gazillion reasons season tickets aren't our property anymore.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

this aint ever gonna change until more people stand up like pg and dont give banner inc his $. so long as he sells out every game and ratings are through the roof, hes ego is gonna get bigger and hes just gonna keep hiring his nerd buddies for football positions.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

im in fo life no matter who is running the team

id rather go to watch the philadelphia eagles owned by glenn beck than not go at all

Drunkmasterflex

If Reid really isn't running the show, then Roseman was the one doing the drafting last year? If that is the case let the accountant handle that.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

fansince61

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 31, 2010, 01:03:00 PM

id rather go to watch the philadelphia eagles owned by glenn beck than not go at all

My SBL is gone if Barnie Frank owns the team

ice grillin you

Quote from: fansince61 on March 31, 2010, 01:24:06 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on March 31, 2010, 01:03:00 PM

My SBL is gone if Barnie Frank owns the team

thats because zeloutry and hate is much more powerful than love....unfortunately

MDS

sometimes the ones you love need help and need to a learn a lesson. sometimes falling down can help them recognize that its not alright to hire accountants as general managers and treat their customers like dogs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.