2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBIggle

Quote from: Don Ho on October 27, 2008, 11:37:11 PM
can Lidge go three?

good question-- do the phils burn myers? or do they go right to the bullpen.  i'd assume they go bullpen with myers on standby..

PhillyPhreak54

I dont want a 5-inning win either.

But Bud The Abortion said they would have suspended it 2-1, it would have been termed a "rain delay" and they leave it as such until resumes.

So no win, just a rain delay. But they kept it going until TB scored.

It should have bee rain delayed after the 5th.

The BIGSTUD

I swear if this somehow costs us the series, I'm going to pull an AJ Soprano jump off the Ben Franklin with cinder blocks tied to my feet. I'll have a buddy post it on here for your enjoyment so at least you'll get some entertainment out of this travesty.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyGirl

Mitch Williams just made a good point.

Hamels had to pitch in that slop, gave up a run and they didn't have their pitcher come in and pitch in that slop to give the Phils the same advantage?

Bad. Really bad.

Bottalico and Williams are PISSED.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Which is my whole point of anger...

Bud said they would have rain delayed it earlier. But no...they let Hamels throw in that slop and waited for TB to score and then suspended it.

PhillyGirl

Forget even the scoring...you can't stop halfway through an inning.

And look how happy Maddon is.

farg you.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD_Eagle5

This shtein only happens in Philly. It's always farging something. I have a really bad feeling this is going to cost us the series.

As for Selig I can't blame him, it's not like the shtein was that much worse that the Rays had an advantage when they got the tieing run. Even dry Upton scores on the Pena hit. You have to remember Upton was slowed down big time by the rain. And every weather forecast I saw said it would be a drizzle, not the windy mess we had tonight.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 27, 2008, 11:45:40 PM
Forget even the scoring...you can't stop halfway through an inning.

And look how happy Maddon is.

farg you.

Sure they can, they can rain delay it at any point.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 27, 2008, 11:47:22 PM
This shtein only happens in Philly. It's always farging something. I have a really bad feeling this is going to cost us the series.

As for Selig I can't blame him, it's not like the shtein was that much worse that the Rays had an advantage when they got the tieing run. Even dry Upton scores on the Pena hit. You have to remember Upton was slowed down big time by the rain. And every weather forecast I saw said it would be a drizzle, not the windy mess we had tonight.

Not the point, SD....you need to either call it after BOTH pitchers have pitched an inning (before Hamels came out or AFTER Kazmir (or whomever) pitched that inning).

Its a clear advantage to the Rays' pitching as they will now finish the 6th inning with a perfect mound/field. Hamels gave UP that run after being out in that rainy shtein on base for 10 minutes and then having to pitch THROUGH that rain in that inning. YOu can't say that isn't a disadvantage.  :-\

PhillyGirl

Phreak, I know they CAN, but they should never do it that way. Ever. Ever. Ever.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on October 27, 2008, 11:16:01 PM
I hope when they resume this they unleash a beating on Tampa never seen before. Send those shteinbags back to Florida with their hopes crushed.

Oh yeah, this.

BigEd76

btw the Rays already checked out of their hotel and have no place to stay right now  :-D

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 27, 2008, 11:50:51 PM
Phreak, I know they CAN, but they should never do it that way. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Which is why when it became apparent by watching the field conditions, by watching Rollins struggle to catch balls, by looking at puddles and by any sane person looking at the radar should have been stopped way before the 6th.

PhillyGirl

PhillyPhreak54

The Rays do not have a hotel. They checked out. Now they have to stay in Wilmington Delaware.

:-D