2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on July 20, 2008, 03:11:59 PM
a guy hit a high outside fastball 390 feet the other way. sometimes you just got to give it up.

or sometimes you gotta buckle down and finish the job...granted the offense has come up small but once you get to where king was your ace has to seal the deal
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

it doesnt help when you have choke at first and his inability to throw to second when they got a guy picked off.

and king is pitching fine, dooks. you be drinkin too much haterade these days
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

You clowns need to stop watching Wire reruns.

ice grillin you

i didnt say he wasnt fine...hes more than fine hes a legit #1...but the bottom line is if thats your rank then you gotta finish the job like a sabathia does

another added bonus...my fanbtasy score was igy down by two before ross' homer to up by one after ross' homer....holla

reese125

Quoteit doesnt help when you have choke at first and his inability to throw to second when they got a guy picked off.

guys been throwing a baseball since he was 7yrs old... and he still cant figure out how to throw to farging 2nd base

ice grillin you

MDS

i think id rather eat my own shtein than start carlos ruiz another game at catcher
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

say hello to third place by the end of the mets series

MDS

yea cookies trash and the old man doesnt bode well. what the farg pull that holliday trade why not.

BigEd76

3-way tie for 1st place if the Marlins beat the Braves tomorrow night

but they get Zambrano/Dempster/Harden/Marquis next weekend at Wrigley

Blanton/Santana
Myers/Maine
Moyer/Perez (noon start)

yea I feel great about this one

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 20, 2008, 04:59:08 PM
3-way tie for 1st place if the Marlins beat the Braves tomorrow night

but they get Zambrano/Dempster/Harden/Marquis next weekend at Wrigley

Blanton/Santana
Myers/Maine
Moyer/Perez (noon start)

yea I feel great about this one

1.  Blanton could get the new team surge, and Santana has been somewhat human this month.  Still have to go with Santana.  - L
2.  Maine has been nearly as bad as Myers since June 1, has has a 6+ ERA in July.  - Toss up
3.  Moyer has been stellar, but Perez has been sparkling in July.  Still lean toward the more consistent Moyer.  - W

ice grillin you

perez is a mortal lock against the phillies...much more so than santana

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 20, 2008, 07:44:47 PM
perez is a mortal lock against the phillies...much more so than santana

yup...and they never hit Maine. I think their best bet is against Santana.

Freakin bums. That Holliday trade is looking more and more like a good idea.

BigEd76

Colorado is talking to the Angels about Holliday and they want the guys the Angels wouldn't give up for Miguel Cabrera