2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 28, 2008, 11:25:26 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 28, 2008, 10:45:04 PM
From what I gather via the gamecast and Phils MB...

Howard butchered another ball. The 8th almost fell apart and it looks like they have had some decent offense tonight.

Lidge better come in and nail it down.

Not sure if "nailed down" is the proper term, but he did get through the inning and notch the save.  The strikeouts of Hamilton and Bradley were clutch, though.

Only saw the 9th inning tonight.  What happened?

Durbin stunk

single (picked off)
ground out.........so there were 2 outs and nobody on
grounder to Howard gets kicked into foul territory....ruled a single
catcher's interference
single
bases loaded single

Romero comes in....
bases loaded walk
full count to Saltaralphmacchio and he swung at ball 4.  he was so pissed he broke his bat Bo style

Because of that long inning, Lidge had to face the tough part of the lineup, and it didn't help when the #9 hitter doubled to lead off the 9th.  But Lidge settled down and was great after that...

Phils get the rare 6pm Sunday start time since they don't have day games in Arlington during the summer

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on June 29, 2008, 11:16:14 AM
the good part is no one in the nl appears to be that good. the best team, so far, is the cubs. and me thinks they'll find a way to choke like they always do. so even if the phillies dont have a world series worthy team, they can still actually make it, and like the cardinals a few years ago, perhaps get hot at the right time.

youre going by reg season record which is meaningless...there are a multitude of teams the phillies could/would play in the playoffs whose pitching would lock them down...the phillies lineup is fun for the occasional 20 run regular season game but when facing solid pitching night in and out in the playoffs they will be overmatched...plus they have a less than zero chance of beating whatever al team they face in the world series were they to make it that far

@ geo romey or whoever else has the extra innings package...im guessing the phils arent on it today since its a 6pm start?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 29, 2008, 02:09:43 PM
Quote from: MDS on June 29, 2008, 11:16:14 AM
the good part is no one in the nl appears to be that good. the best team, so far, is the cubs. and me thinks they'll find a way to choke like they always do. so even if the phillies dont have a world series worthy team, they can still actually make it, and like the cardinals a few years ago, perhaps get hot at the right time.

youre going by reg season record which is meaningless...there are a multitude of teams the phillies could/would play in the playoffs whose pitching would lock them down...the phillies lineup is fun for the occasional 20 run regular season game but when facing solid pitching night in and out in the playoffs they will be overmatched...plus they have a less than zero chance of beating whatever al team they face in the world series were they to make it that far

@ geo romey or whoever else has the extra innings package...im guessing the phils arent on it today since its a 6pm start?

I don't believe it's on.

PhillyPhreak54

Its not on EI....

But I luck out because its on FSSW because Houston is playing Boston now.

But I am going golfing.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on June 29, 2008, 02:56:00 PM
Its not on EI....

But I luck out because its on FSSW because Houston is playing Boston now.

But I am going golfing.

BigEd76

Marlins scored 2 in the 9th to win
Mets won 3-1
Braves lost 1-0

need a win to stay 2 games up

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Brutal.....couldn't win one series against the American League  :boom

The Phils get 3 games in Atlanta (will miss Hudson and face 3 righties) before a homestand against the Mets, Cardinals and DBacks

The Marlins get 3 at home vs Washington before a trip to Colorado, San Diego and Los Angeles

The Mets have an 8-game trip through St. Louis and Philly this week

The Braves get the Phils and Astros at home this week

Geowhizzer

I'll actually get to see the BPS against the Cardinals on July 10.  Fools better be on that game!

Wife and children will be in tow.  Wife already has instructions to take daughter and son to the playground if needed and let Daddy watch the game.  >:D

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

Rome

We watched the soccer final and then asked the bartender to turn the Phillies on.  No luck.  Better off, I guess.

Stinking bums.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on June 29, 2008, 01:02:34 AM
I'd shut Myers down until after the all-star break and call up another bullpen arm.

absolutely. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.