2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2008, 10:26:11 PM
17-1 and there hasnt been one single boo....the funniest was when it was 13-1 and the cards doubled and the crowd went nuts...just like heaven

17 -1 and they give Toguchi a standing ovation.  pretty cool.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

As awesome as this is, I'm almost certainly going to see them get shut out on Sunday.  

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2008, 10:26:11 PM
17-1 and there hasnt been one single boo....the funniest was when it was 13-1 and the cards doubled and the crowd went nuts...just like heaven

Villone did get a bronx cheer when he finally got the last out in the 4th - I believe there was another when he threw strike one to Utley.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 13, 2008, 10:32:06 PM
As awesome as this is, I'm almost certainly going to see them get shut out on Sunday. 

Do you forget this stretch?

Sun, May 25    @ Houston    W 15-6    28-24    Seanez (3-3)    Nieve (0-1)    
Mon, May 26    Colorado    W 20-5    29-24    Moyer (5-3)    De La Rosa (1-3)    
Tue, May 27    Colorado    W 7-4    30-24    Kendrick (4-2)    Jimenez (1-5)    
Wed, May 28    Colorado    W 6-1    31-24    Eaton (1-3)    Reynolds (0-2)    
Fri, May 30    Florida    W 12-3    32-24    Myers (3-6)    Hendrickson (7-3)    
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

lohse pitches tomorrow
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 13, 2008, 10:34:33 PM

Do you forget this stretch?

Sun, May 25    @ Houston    W 15-6    28-24    Seanez (3-3)    Nieve (0-1)    
Mon, May 26    Colorado    W 20-5    29-24    Moyer (5-3)    De La Rosa (1-3)    
Tue, May 27    Colorado    W 7-4    30-24    Kendrick (4-2)    Jimenez (1-5)    
Wed, May 28    Colorado    W 6-1    31-24    Eaton (1-3)    Reynolds (0-2)    
Fri, May 30    Florida    W 12-3    32-24    Myers (3-6)    Hendrickson (7-3)    

I think you made all that up.  Eaton and Myers winning back-to-back games?  ha!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2008, 10:35:40 PM

lohse pitches tomorrow

That's comforting to know.  What's the probable pitching matchup for Sunday?

ice grillin you

ice grillin you

btw id be ok with this stadium exploding even if all the phillies got hurt

Sgt PSN

I'd be seeing King pitch if Cholly hadn't thought that Myers was the ace of this staff.  Looking back at it, he could have made Eaton the #1 starter and looked smarter for doing so. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 13, 2008, 10:42:59 PM
I'd be seeing King pitch if Cholly hadn't thought that Myers was the ace of this staff.  Looking back at it, he could have made Eaton the #1 starter and looked smarter for doing so. 

I hope you choked on that last sentence.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

im sure if you pm him wing can somehow defend it and make you feel better

Geowhizzer

I think that was more of a "reward" for Myers being put back in the rotation, and to try to stroke his ego a bit to get him on the right trace. 

Obviously, it didn't work.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyGirl on June 13, 2008, 10:45:38 PM

I hope you choked on that last sentence.

You'll be happy to know that all is clear. 

MDS

cards fans are essentially like little league parents. its really pathetic, sad, creepy...all those things.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.