2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I missed the game today because I was out playing golf but it's nice to see things return to normal here.

One question, though:  If Lidge was ready to pitch, why the farg was Chad Durbin in there?  I realize it was a tie game but if Lidge is ready, why not get him in there instead? 

SD_Eagle5

Rollins choked. He had a play at the plate. Eaton started off hilariously bad but wound up pitching a quality game.

Manuel shtein the bed starting with lastnight. Absolutely no reason to bring your best relief pitcher in with a 4 run lead. Then today he should have walked Bako to make it a force out anywhere. Only reasoning I can see is he wanted to avoid the top of the Reds lineup.

Rome

One way or another he was going to see the top of the Reds lineup, either in the ninth or the tenth.  Maybe he thought they were in Philly?  Parks kinda look alike, after all.

ice grillin you

what even more pathetic about the romero move is that hes the ONLY lefty in the pen...which means you have to be extra cautious about when you use him cause if hes unavaliable youre double farged becasue hes your best and only

the red lineup going into the 8th inning today went like this

lefty
lefty
lefty
righty
lefty
righty
lefty

and the phillies didnt have a lefty available
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

part of the problem is they only have one lefty out of the pen. thats on gillick, not charles.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

in general its on gillick...but a baboon could have managed the last 24 hours better than charlie

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Rome on April 05, 2008, 04:08:56 PM
One way or another he was going to see the top of the Reds lineup, either in the ninth or the tenth.  Maybe he thought they were in Philly?  Parks kinda look alike, after all.

There were runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out, pitching to the top of the Reds lineup the following inning with nobody on would have been a lot easier.

PhillyPhreak54

The overreactions are comical. Fireable offense? C'mon.

I didn't see the game, and I know using Romero last night was dumb. But once again, sometimes this matchup stuff is overrated. Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to rely on a guy to do his job and get hitters out regardless of the L-R splits.

When your closer is in the game, are you worrying about L-R? No. Its get the farging guy out.

Anyways, it sounds like shteinhead Eaton threw well. I'm shocked.

Geowhizzer

So Eaton throws his one good game all year and the Phils manage to blow it anyway?

These Philly teams are going to be the death of me. 

Geowhizzer

Rome

Wes Helms will hit .300 for Florida and probably single-handedly beat the Phillies at least three times this year.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Phillies are on pace to go 65-97, so there will be a lot of losers that beat them this year.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on April 06, 2008, 09:06:59 AM
Wes Helms will hit .300 for Florida and probably single-handedly beat the Phillies at least three times this year.

That would still be a net gain for the Phillies, because Wes Helms beat them single-handedly more often than that last year.

Rome

Another trademark Pat Gillick move.  Trading within the division is always smart especially when you trade a disgruntled, underachieving player to a team with nothing to lose.

The sad thing is, though, once Gillick is finally gone we'll have his protege' to deal with.  Yippee!

ice grillin you

he would have become a free agent in another week had they not traded him and florida would have signed him anyway