Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

If Wentz wasn't wearing the injury prone tag I'd be all for some phantom injury sitting him. But you've got that and then like QB said if Hurts comes in and balls ala Foles then Wentz is cooked mentally.

I think there's a shot Howie gets canned.

MDS

hurts isnt coming in and balling....he sucks

they know he sucks which is why they are running wentz out there even though hes playing at an insanely poor level
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

As bad as Wentz has been if Hurts came in and looked like a passable QB that's ballin

MDS

nate sudfeld would probably be better honestly
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

under no circumstances should Wentz be benched before 2022

Diomedes

He should be benched immediately and Hurts thrown to the wolves.  Entertain us goddamnit.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Their O-Line is such a mess it really wouldn't matter who they put in there.  Wentz has been beyond awful but the line has been just as zesty.

Doug not altering his approach has been the killer, though.  Andy always used to say he wanted to put McNabb in the best position to succeed.  It seems like Doug feels the exact opposite of AO1.

ice grillin you

yeah Doug gotta go waaaaaay before you sit Wentz...in fact I have faith in Wentz possibly returning to mvp form with a good coach

QB Eagles

Rome

If you can't be bothered to fight through adversary, you're not worthy of being a team leader in the first place.

Audience of one indeed. 

SD

Quote from: Rome on December 20, 2020, 12:56:31 PM
If you can't be bothered to fight through adversary, you're not worthy of being a team leader in the first place.

Audience of one indeed.

Was pretty obvious the team had no confidence in him and played with some emotion once Hurts came in. Wentz is not tradeable and unreleasable so it's really the worst possible scenario playing out. After next season it becomes a bit more realistic: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-are-carson-wentzs-eagles-days-numbered-a-closer-examination-of-his-contract-tells-the-story/

My prediction: he starts next season and plays better. Maybe not 2017 Wentz but average. Possibly ship him to Indy so he can have prayer sessions with Reich. Groom Hurts I guess. Don't see him as a SB winning qb but who knows.

PhillyPhreak54

QB Eagles

What he wants is not really relevant. Unless he's willing to void his contract, which I'm sure the team would be happy to oblige.