07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2008, 12:01:56 PM
yes but it was clear that by me specifying opening day that i didnt mean what sb thought i meant

on another ticket note i went to the yankees website the other day to try and get tickets to a game since this is the last season of the stadium and the entire season is sold out

yea i saw the same thing. never been there, want to go to a game. i figure that not everything is sold out, rather they will release single game tix day of game or a little before. but i could be wrong.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2008, 04:20:09 PM
i didnt have the heart

Quote from: SunMo on February 07, 2008, 04:24:24 PM
mine was black as night...that's why i could do it

Sorry.  Not tuned into wip all day like yous guys. 

SunMo

haha, i don't listen to WIP...but  the arbitration figures and date have been known for about 3 weeks.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

I had heard the figures before, but not the date.  Heard that for the first time on the radio today......while driving my Delorean.  

SunMo

Sgt PSN

I've got spirit, yes I do!  I've got spirit, how 'bout YOU!?!?

SunMo

Sgt PSN

Ok.  But then I'll always be with you. 

SunMo

no you won't, you'll be dead, it's the best part

Sgt PSN

I'll be with you in spirit, haunting your dreams and randomly showing up in the reflection in your mirror. 

reese125

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Mets will only sign Kyle Lohse if he agrees to play for New York at a very discounted rate.

Lohse wouldn't be much of an upgrade for the Mets in terms of talent, but he would provide valuable depth for an injury-prone rotation that includes Orlando Hernandez and Pedro Martinez.
Source: espn.com

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Read on the Phils MB that Benson will be in Philly tomorrow presumably to work out a contract.

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on February 10, 2008, 09:47:49 PM
Read on the Phils MB that Benson will be in Philly tomorrow presumably to work out a contract.

Why would he be in Philly when everyone and their brother is on their way to Clearwater?  Pitchers & catchers report in four days, after all.  You don't think the brass is there already?   Just asking.

PhillyGirl

Is it such a stretch to think that the upper management stays in Philly?

Isn't arbitration coming up for Howard? They've got a lot of business to attend to.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen