07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Gillick today "we need to upgrade third base."

Also figure the salary to be in the $105 mil area, that was the final tally this year.

The selling the team thing is too good to be true.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

So who are the available 3B out there?

Is Mike Lowell a viable option? Did he really say he would come here? Is he worth the $30M he'll likely demand?

But we know who they'll sign, whichever low-cost schmuck is out there. Someone like Wes Helms or Babe Nunez.

Is Tomas Perez available?

BigEd76

Pedro Feliz and Aaron Boone woooo

Supposedly Manuel told Gillick that he wants to keep Myers as the closer and trade for a #1/#2 starter to go with Hamels

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 10, 2007, 11:33:41 PM
Pedro Feliz and Aaron Boone woooo

Supposedly Manuel told Gillick that he wants to keep Myers as the closer and trade for a #1/#2 starter to go with Hamels

Yes and Yes.  On Myers and getting a 1/2.  Not on more schmuch third sackers.

MDS

shtein, if they get the #2 to go with Hamels, then keep Myers there. But you gotta get the guy. Also only one of Eaton/Moyer please.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

So...

Hamels/????/Kendrick/Moyer/Eaton is looking likely.

or...

Hamels/Myers/Kendrick/Moyer/Eaton...

I'd prefer...

Hamels/????/Kendrick/Lohse/Moyer

Just not Eaton please.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 10, 2007, 11:33:41 PM

Right - because it's much easier to trade for a legitimate #1 or even a #2 starter than it is to sign a closer.

farging shtein-kicking hick.

SunMo

they thought they got their #2 last year, but then they didn't bother to look at his dictionary sized medical folder and the rest is history
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

<------Mo, what does that say over there under your lord and savior?

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SunMo on October 11, 2007, 08:19:35 AM
they thought they got their #2 last year, but then they didn't bother to look at his dictionary sized medical folder and the rest is history

I wish Ugueth Urbina and Freddy Garcia would hang out on Ugie's farm.

Sgt PSN

I wish you would hang out with aids. 

MDS

Gillick concurred that the Phillies have a #1, 2 #4's and a #5.

Umm...Kendrick is a #3 and Eaton is off the radar, douchey.

troyhstewart

Quote from: SunMo on October 07, 2007, 07:16:14 PM
the free agent pitching available sucks...i would pay Rowand to play center and use Victorino or Bourn in a trade for a pitcher and put the other you don't trade in right field

and i would pay Lowell to play 3rd

I would not mind Abe at 3B if they signed Rowand and spent some $$ on the pitching staff. I'd take a veteran like Schill, Maddux, Glavine, etc for 2 years if the options aren't picked up + 1 or 2 arms for the pen.

If they would sign Lowell and let Rowand leave, I'd platoon Dobbs/Werth in RF

Wingspan

Yeah...glavine was exceptionally good the last week of the season.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.