06/07 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, September 30, 2006, 07:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 02, 2006, 03:48:27 PM
Schmidt and Zito are FAs.  Schilling has 1 yr left before retiring, and Willis is in arbitration with the Marlins for 2 more years...

Which means that Willis could be had for some youngins.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on October 02, 2006, 06:58:40 PM
Gavin Floyd, come on down  :P

I don't think that the Marlins would give the Phils Bruce Willis, or even Willis Drummund for him.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

troyhstewart

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 02, 2006, 03:06:53 PM
Quote from: troyhstewart on October 02, 2006, 02:45:55 PM
I didn't see a FA list, but somebody mentioned to me that Jason Schmidt, Curt Schilling and Dontrelle Willis are all FAs. ?

I'd love a rotation of one of those 3, Myers, Hamels, Moyer, and Lieber as the 5th starter.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, that's just like the Phillies to go out and spend top dollar to sign the top 3 starters on the market.

Hoping for one of those three is pushing it.  Hoping for all three is downright ridonkulous.

no shtein dickwad, that's why I said one of those 3.

troyhstewart

Quote from: BigEd76 on October 02, 2006, 03:48:27 PM
Schmidt and Zito are FAs.  Schilling has 1 yr left before retiring, and Willis is in arbitration with the Marlins for 2 more years...

I tried to tell him Willis wasn't a FA yet, but he insisted he was.  Schmidt is #1 on my offseason addition wish list, and that includes any position.

PoopyfaceMcGee

rjs246

Quote from: troyhstewart on October 03, 2006, 11:27:41 AM
no shtein dickwad, that's why I said one of those 3.

It's still not gonna happen, but nice use of dickwad.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Varsho, Bombard and Dancy have been canned.

Manuel retained.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

I'm a little surprised about Varsho - I though he was supposed to be one of the "up and comers."

As for Dancy and Bombard - both are long termers.  I'm sure they'll be tucked in somewhere in the organization.  They always are.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Dancy was the one I expected. Varsho and Bombard I'm surprised over. But whatever. I figure they will bring in someone with NL managing expiereince, someone that can remind Charles to give players day off and double switch. 3rd base coach, hopefully someone with vision and depth perception. Haven't had since the pre-cancer John Vukovich.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 03, 2006, 05:03:05 PM
Varsho, Bombard and Dancy have been canned.

Manuel retained.

i am pretty much ok with this.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

PhillyGirl

Dancy not being there is a great thing.

I could do without him waving slow as farg players like Burrell around 3rd when there was no chance to score.