Forbes Best GMs in Sports

Started by phattymatty, March 05, 2007, 10:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

Article

Rankings

It's hard to imagine that a magazine like Forbes can be so wrong.  (See #3)

Seabiscuit36

I was just getting ready to post this...KingĀ  :-D

Where are the Eagles on any of those?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN

The fact that Billy King is on that list anywhere is laughable, let alone #3.  But the rankings were heavily determined by comparing the current GM vs the final 3 years of his predecessor so I guess that's why King ranked so high because the Sixers were absolutely abysmal before he came in.  He also had the luxary of having Pat Croce by his side for a few years and Croce is who was responsible for the Sixers turn around imo, not King. 

The fact that Banner isn't on there is laughable too.  I hate that little bastich because he refuses to spend a single penny extra on a player if they don't feel he's worth it but you still can't dispute the fact that since Banner has played a major role in the Eagles success in the last several years. 

PhillyPhreak54

Go behead whoever wrote this slop. Don't even use a guillotine. Use a Ron Popeil steak-knife.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

PoopyfaceMcGee

paco has an awsum JAWORSKY jersey.

Father Demon

I almost posted this yesterday.  The list is so wrong on so many levels, I thought I should waste my time somewhere else, like looking at Biel vs. Alba pictures.

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

paco

Quote from: FFatPatt on March 05, 2007, 01:02:39 PM
paco has an awsum JAWORSKY jersey.

You.  AIDS.  Now.

(all that matters is that it is spelled correctly on the back, who cares what the fake mitchell and ness patch says)
I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 05, 2007, 12:57:45 PM
Hanging out with Ron Jaworski.

Do they teach you how to spell in hillbilly school?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eaglez

I guess they didn't list Banner as the GM because he really isn't  a "GM". The Eagles don't have a representative on that list. Its the 4 headed monster of Lurie/Banner/Reid/Heckert

If they do weigh it heavily based in comparison to the previous GM, then I would hope Gillick's stock skyrockets in the next few years; hopefully...