2022 Flyers - Rise Of The Tortorellas

Started by Rome, October 13, 2022, 09:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I think they've even lost the stepford fans and South Jerz

Hard to do

Don Ho

The three elder statesmen only ones who can recall 74 & 75.  And like I said imagine follwowing the Stanley Cup back then as a young kid in Hawaii.  I think I found out the Flyers won from Captain Cook it was so long ago.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

SD

Don Ho

From Angelo, Rhea and Al to President of Hockey Operations of an NHL Franchise in three months

So you went from the mailroom to the director of corporate development in two days?

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

When I think of President I think of Jonesy

ice grillin you

Hes going to be more a glorified PR guy and advocate for the franchise to the media...briere will have full team building autonomy...that probably will end horribly but dont think jonesy is going to be running drafts and making trades...this is largely a meaningless move and i dont see a real downside to it unless he creates some kind of toxic workplace
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

I've heard next they are bringing in Dave Schultz as chief contract negotiator.

Don Ho

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to hockey but please talk to me, HOW in the hell do the Vegas Golden Knights only in their 5th year of existence have appered in two conference finals and a Stanley Cup AND the Seattle Kraken in their second year lose 2-1 in a game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals BUT we get stuck with this Flyers trash year after year afer year.  WTF?

QB Eagles

Quote from: Don Ho on May 15, 2023, 10:51:32 PMI'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to hockey but please talk to me, HOW in the hell do the Vegas Golden Knights only in their 5th year of existence have appered in two conference finals and a Stanley Cup AND the Seattle Kraken in their second year lose 2-1 in a game 7 of the Western Conference Semi-Finals BUT we get stuck with this Flyers trash year after year afer year.  WTF?

Do you have Comcast over in Hawaii, Don? A few interactions with their customer support clears up a lot of things about how the Flyers operate in the post-Snider era.

Don Ho

MDS

i dont know anything about hockey but the flyers riding themselves of a crappy goalie and a putin lover seems pretty good
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Guess they also got CBJ's 1st (pick 22), the Kings 2nd and a prospect in return. Fire sale

SD

Half decent haul:

Ivan Provorov traded to CBJ (via LA) - 1st, 2 2nds, Petersen, Walker, Grans to Philly