War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

topic long over due.   Interesting shocking stuff coming from Scott Ritter.

link

QuoteThe former U.N. weapons inspector who said Iraq disarmed long before the U.S. invasion in 2003 is warning Americans to prepare for a war with Iran.

"We just don't know when, but it's going to happen," Scott Ritter said to a crowd of about 150 at the James A. Little Theater on Sunday night.

Ritter described how the U.S. government might justify war with Iran in a scenario similar to the buildup to the Iraq invasion. He also argued that Iran wants a nuclearenergy program, and not nuclear weapons. But the Bush administration, he said, refuses to believe Iran is telling the truth.

He predicted the matter will wind up before the U.N. Security Council, which will determine there is no evidence of a weapons program. Then, he said, John Bolton, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, "will deliver a speech that has already been written. It says America cannot allow Iran to threaten the United States and we must unilaterally defend ourselves."

"How do I know this? I've talked to Bolton's speechwriter," Ritter said.

Ritter also predicted the military strategy for war with Iran. First, American forces will bomb Iran. If Iranians don't overthrow the current government, as Bush hopes they will, Iran will probably attack Israel. Then, Ritter said, the United States will drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

Rome

If Iran so much as twitches towards Israel, it will be all-out war in the Middle East.

Israel already destroyed one nuclear research facility in the region.  I'm astounded they haven't taken out Iran's as of yet.   More than astounded, actually.  Dumbfounded might be a more accurate description.

Mad-Lad

one step closer to the end of the freakin' world.

Smoke if ya got em.

Feva

[rjs] Nuke them all. [/rjs]
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

bush is ruining the world with ruthless efficiency...its like the world is his car and he just snorted a bridge cable line of coke off the dashboard...threw it in reverse...and slammed on the gas without adjusting the mirrors
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: MURP on February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PMThen, Ritter said, the United States will drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

If the U.S. drops a nuclear bomb on Iran or anyone else, I'll lose my farging mind.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on February 08, 2006, 01:21:06 PM
Quote from: MURP on February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PMThen, Ritter said, the United States will drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

If the U.S. drops a nuclear bomb on Iran or anyone else, I'll lose my farging mind.

That won't matter, because we'd all be dead within 3-5 years anyway.

Mad-Lad

the Mayan calendar ends in what, 2012?  I can only hope the Eagles win a championship before then.

Butchers Bill

Ritter is a clown that will say anything to pimp his books and keep his speaking schedule intact.  That being said, Iran is not Iraq.  Even Europe has been saying that a nuclear armed Iran is not acceptable because they have already threatened to wipe a free nation "off the map".

If the world really believes in non-proliferation than something must be done in Iran (and North Korea) and the policy should be consistent.  Nuclear power is a right in my opinion, but the question is how do you stop the weapons from being built?  Russia actually had a decent idea where they would provide the fuel to Iran, but keep any weapons grade material and destroy it.  Iran said no. 

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Diomedes

Quote from: Butchers Bill on February 08, 2006, 01:35:40 PM
Ritter is a clown that will say anything to pimp his books and keep his speaking schedule intact.

Hmm..people weren't saying that when he supported the Persian Gulf War.  They started with the brand of character disparagement you employ here only when he became critical of Bush's plan for the current war.  He said no weapons would be found, and he was right.  Go on with your bad self though, Joel.  The ad hominem rhetoric suits you.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Diomedes on February 08, 2006, 01:21:06 PM

Correction Dio, you'll actually be strapped down and forced to assimilate by that point. I agree war with Iran is inevitable with Bush and crownies in office, but the Nuclear Bomb things sounds like a stretch. If Iran attacked Israel, I think the U.S would just let Israel "off the leash", so to speak. The Iraq thing in my mind, was a total mistake, and it continues to be so. I do however think that Iran is more a threat than a lot of people realize. That being said, I still think should be dealt with exclusively by the international community.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: Diomedes on February 08, 2006, 01:39:47 PM
Hmm..people weren't saying that when he supported the Persian Gulf War.  They started with the brand of character disparagement you employ here only when he became critical of Bush's plan for the current war.  He said no weapons would be found, and he was right.  Go on with your bad self though, Joel.  The ad hominem rhetoric suits you.

Yeah, you're right Dio.  He's not a clown becasue in 1998 he said we should destroy Iraq, only to say four months later (after he quit/asked to resign) we were too hard on them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2247600.stm

He's also not a clown because he predicted last February that we would attack Iran in June...of 2005.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article8130.htm

So, DIO..who's next?  If Cindy Sheehan comes out and says there is a concentration camp set up in Iowa for all dissenters you gonna post that too? 

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Butchers Bill on February 08, 2006, 01:51:43 PM

Yeah, you're right Dio.  He's not a clown becasue in 1998 he said we should destroy Iraq, only to say four months later (after he quit/asked to resign) we were too hard on them.

He's also not a clown because he predicted last February that we would attack Iran in June...of 2005.

So, DIO..who's next?  If Cindy Sheehan comes out and says there is a concentration camp set up in Iowa for all dissenters you gonna post that too? 

In Dio's defense....he didn't post this.  :P

Besides, he probably has better things to do.....

QuoteDiomedes              01:50:29 PM                Viewing the topic Churches burn. Not me, I swear.

:paranoid
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on February 08, 2006, 01:53:45 PM
Quote from: Butchers Bill on February 08, 2006, 01:51:43 PM

In Dio's defense....he didn't post this.  :P

Yet.   ;D

mussa

We will be in some serious shtein if we drop a nuclear weapon on iran.  i can't see it ever happening. 

Israel will go to war with Iran and we will have Israel's back, but they won't need help.  Iran's army has alittle bit more moral than, Iraq's.  They will crumble and crack quickly. 
I don't see any matters being solved at the UN.  They are a bunch of idiots.

This could be the start of something really bad though, Iran needs to chill. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"