Corey Clement, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, February 05, 2018, 10:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: MDS on April 29, 2020, 08:10:15 PMthere is a very decent chance he doesnt make the 53

Hard choices to make.  There will be real competition at RB, not gonna keep everyone.  Especially with coaches sitting in their basements watching 30 second IG clips of workouts.  How they're going to evaluate these guys...

If I had to bet I'd say he doesn't make the cut. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Am I missing something here?

It's Miles Sanders and..........

How does Clement not make the roster?   Boston Scott was a cute story, but come on.  And Holyfield's kid?  Come on again.

PhillyPhreak54

hunt

i'll always have love for clement for his super bowl performance...but i have yet to see him play to that level since...or stay healthy.  hopefully he'll pan out this time.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

Rome

He's definitely got the ability.  Staying healthy is the biggest issue for every running back considering the routine beatings they absorb. 

There's plenty of options still out there either by FA or trade.  If Sanders goes down they're in deep shtein no matter who they'd pick up. 

Diomedes

Yes, you're missing something, as usual.  Clement hasn't looked like an NFL player since the Super Bowl.  He was available for how many months and no other team was interested.  Dude...Josh Adams has a job.

I could easily see Elijah Holyfield, Michael Warren, and/or Adrian Killins beating him out.

He's got experience in the league and thorough understanding of the playbook arguing for him, which could be worth a lot in a screwy Covid off season...but I don't know if that's enough. 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2020, 11:54:30 AM

How does Clement not make the roster?   Boston Scott was a cute story, but come on.  And Holyfield's kid?  Come on again.

I'm hoping they can snag a veteran back like Freeman or Hyde on the cheap like they did Blount. Preferably Freeman. Can't see them going into the season with that group.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on April 30, 2020, 11:54:30 AM

i think one spot is him or scott but not both and right now scott is in the lead...i think a veteran not necessarily big back but more straight forward tailback is added and that bumps one of scott or clement who are more or less the same 3rd down type back

i was surprised they only signed one udfa rb and the dood is more a gadget player than a rb
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

i hope he gets to retire as an eagle this year.

MDS

i see scott as essentially a lock

1 sanders
2 vet tba
3 scott
4 clement/udfa/holyfield/etc

clement kind of has the best chance i guess to get the 4th spot, but really they can keep a younger player they like and just grab clement if need be as the season plays out because nobody else is going to want him
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes