Week Eight - 2020

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 29, 2020, 08:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Foles not looking too hot today.

General_Failure

Looked good enough on that drive.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Diomedes on November 01, 2020, 03:04:57 PM
the Judon ejection was a farce..

Gotta disagree. They've ejected players for much more incidental contact with the refs than that. They don't farg around with that at all. Even boy scout Luke Kuechly got ejected for one in a situation where he couldn't have even known there was a ref around. You got old men running around out there with these gigantic athletes, you can understand the zero tolerance.

General_Failure

The forward progress call in the Saints/Bears game seems fair, but will definitely be argued to death forever. Anything that makes Sean Payton mad is fine by me.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Helluva comeback by the Broncos.

Chargers gonna Charger

Zanshin

PhillyPhreak54

I'd crashed out for a nap when that happened - any word on why he decided to go off on him?

Anyone who punches helmets like that is stupid.

Zanshin

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2020, 09:28:13 AM
I'd crashed out for a nap when that happened - any word on why he decided to go off on him?

Anyone who punches helmets like that is stupid.

Edit: Here's the story: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/02/javon-wims-retaliated-after-chauncey-gardner-johnson-took-his-mouthpiece/

PhillyPhreak54

At least Crabtree and Talib was over a chain. A mouthpiece?!

Anyways Tom Brady looks Wentzish tonight. Passes all over the place.

Giants are playing well.

Diomedes

Call me a softy but I see Wims' behavior and I'm like Jesus Christ dude, you're f'n talented and you're in the NFL, and you can't handle yourself?  You let your emotions lead you into behaving like a fargin' clown?  That's pitiful.  I feel bad for the guy.  He's only hurting himself, his family, his team.  Watching that was sort of embarrassing to me, like, I was witness to a man falling apart, not being able to be the master of his own self.  I read how he's thrown hands in camp before, etc.  I hope he finds some help.  It's a long (short) ride this life, even if you don't resort to fighting so easily. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 02, 2020, 09:20:37 PM
At least Crabtree and Talib was over a chain. A mouthpiece?!

wims claimed dook spit on him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Quote from: QB Eagles on November 01, 2020, 07:15:59 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on November 01, 2020, 03:04:57 PM
the Judon ejection was a farce..

Gotta disagree. They've ejected players for much more incidental contact with the refs than that. They don't farg around with that at all. Even boy scout Luke Kuechly got ejected for one in a situation where he couldn't have even known there was a ref around. You got old men running around out there with these gigantic athletes, you can understand the zero tolerance.

Fair point.