Jordan Mailata, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Don Ho, April 28, 2018, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Meh, I'd prefer he be too good to trade. I mean, I've seen what the Eagles do with draft picks.

General_Failure

They could definitely get Golden Tate out of that pick, though.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on October 09, 2020, 07:50:01 AM
This year's Eagles are a bad team in a really boring way. At least this guy is interesting and has an upside. I'm glad he's out there and interested to see what he build from what he did last week, which was impressive.

yeah with junior out he's about the only thing worth watching until davion Taylor gets some run...if he even does
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

I appreciate Baldinger filming these in a gas station bathroom.

Diomedes

On the one hand, you hate to see the smartest guys in the room get one right, because it only encourages future boondoggles....on the other hand...

Mailata may be actually be a franchise caliber LT

https://twitter.com/thomasrp93/status/1333790586562772995
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Time to buy your second Eagles jersey to replace the David Akers...

Diomedes

I didn't buy that one, it was a corporate freebee.  I did buy one Eagles jersey, a Tim Hauck replica.

I sent the Akers jersey to T-Hawk one year so he could rep midnight green at a game, and I sent the Hauck jersey as a gift to a guy I met when I visited Serbia.  What a farging strange time, reading and posting to :CF while on vacation in Serbia.  That was a great trip. 

I haven't spent a single dime on Eagles merch since that Hauck jersey. 

PhillyPhreak54

Hopefully the Serbian dude read up on Hauck and is over there tackling huge concrete blocks to mimic Hauck.

SD

He's really hit or miss. There's times he just completely dominated and took the defender out of the play, then there's times he looks lost trying to figure out the rushing schemes. He's definitely got it he just needs to refine his craft. I'm more encouraged by what I saw from him this season than what I saw from Dillard last year although in fairness Dillard didn't get consistent reps and was lined up on the right side which he's not used to.

Diomedes

QB Eagles

If the team is willing to force Wentz to earn his job back after they've committed to him contractually, it's a million times easier for them to ask the same of Dillard. Play the best guy, keep the other as depth unless he can learn to play at a starting level out of position.

Rare roster spot where at least theoretically the Eagles have multiple assets. [And Dillard may suck but imho we haven't seen enough of him at LT to write him off.]

MDS

keeping dillard and mailata are no brainers

one can be moved to guard or RT. seamalu could take over center.

i think dillard can play in the nfl, at some level, it just depends on how big of a puss he is. seems like he doesnt love football and isnt maniacal about crushing people. if thats the case hell be out the league like the fireman
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

center is going to be  an issue.  Kelce has been off all year.

General_Failure

It's hard to stay on your game when the guy behind you won't stop crying and praying to Jesus.